We are spending £6million a week bombing Libya, so why the cutbacks?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-12668444

Is that the BBC not reporting it?

I hadn't seen that, but it is only a report for Liverpool and I would have expected an incident of that magnitude to have reached the MAIN NEWS on all the main channels. I am aware that there was a BBC reporter there, but how many in the country even know about this event happening apart from those local to Birkenhead and surrounding areas?

Maybe she read Tower II as Tower 11.

Well, it's a theory.

Actually my info is incorrect as the tower was named "Tower 7" or The Salomon Brothers Building (not Tower 11). It fell AFTER both The World Trade Centre Twin Towers had fallen. Tower 7 fell at 17:21:10 (New York Time.)

------------------------------

The BBC's 'WTC 7 (Apparently) Collapsed

at 16:54 p.m.' (New York Time) or 21:54 GMT! - According to the BBC "Live" footage.

At 21:54 GMT on 9/11/2001 the BBC announced (with "live" footage), that WTC 7 had collapsed. There was just one problem with this news: WTC 7 did not collapse until 22:20 GMT (17:21:10 - New York Time, according to Wikipedia).

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/bbc_wtc7_videos.html

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltP2t9nq9fI

Libraries shutting, crossing patrols ending, front line police going, surestart schemes closing, Park Rangers made redundant, swimming pools closing, leisure centres closing, inflation 5%, wages suppressed, cutbacks, cutbacks,cutbacks, all in it together.

So how can we afford £6million per week to bomb Libya? Where has the money come from? Why is this more important than public services?

And why do the condem fanboys continue to claim that cuts are inevitable and that there is no other option?

Next time a crucial public service is cut don't listen to the voice that tells you there is no other option...because quite obviously there is. If the Govt can find £6million a week for a war why can't they find money for a crossing patrol, or a swimming pool, or a library, or respite care, or home help, or community policing.

I'm not saying our intervention in Libya is wrong..just that it proves that there are always options in Government spending and no-one should fall for the line that we are broke and cuts to vital services are inevitable.

There will always be money for what you really want to do, though won't there? It's the same in day to day life, you might tell a mate you are too skint to go to the cinema, yet have the cash for a few beers with someone else... Governments love war - No matter how much a war costs, they'll always have the money!!!

Sigh! Because we AREN'T a member of the international community and our prosperity has nothing to do with the rest of the world, after all we are completely self-sufficient in all raw materials and don't import anything from abroad do we? Like it or not things which happen abroad DO affect this country, bank collapses? recession? oil prices? and if we are not out there getting involved then we don't have an input into what happens. GB Ltd as you put it is a wholly owned subsidiary of The World PLc!

Just off the top of my head, sigh!, I don't think the Swiss invade many other Countries, they seem to be doing ok.

Regards

Angel.

But have the BBC ever explained this strange incident. Not that I know of.

Yes they have. Go and find it, then you will know. It will also give you time to come up with another cockamemy conspiracy to cover your ignorance.

Yes they have. Go and find it, then you will know. It will also give you time to come up with another cockamemy conspiracy to cover your ignorance.

I WILL go and find it thank you and no need to be nasty, but it does seem strange that you report on something like a building collapse and it appears its still standing behind you. Not a conspiracy at all, but i will check, quite opposite to what you appear to be and that is believing everything that is placed on your plate.

Archived