We are spending £6million a week bombing Libya, so why the cutbacks?

True, but if we believed that he was to be overthrown (and hence our supply of oil interrupted) it's probably better to be seen to be on the side of the revolutionaries to secure oil in the future.

I don't claim to know all the answers, but it seems to me that in recent times we only get involved when oil is involved.

There wasn’t a hope in hell of Gaddafi losing power without our help, it would have been in our best interest to stay out of it or even sell Gaddafi more weapons which leaves me thinking it was nothing to do with oil.

Colonel Gaddafi ordered mass rapes and gave sex drugs to troops to encourage them to attack women, the chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court has claimed.

The international criminal court says they have evidence and there are apparently plenty of women coming forward with the claims.

Obviously if you didn’t witness it you can never be 100% sure it took place but I would tend to believe it.

Sky News as a reliable source? I think not.

Whilst I don't say that these claims are false I am very wary about accepting them without more evidence. It just smacks of the kind of demonising of the enemy that goes on in all wars.

Read this article by Alexander Cockburn for a more intelligent analysis -

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/80092,news-comment,news-politics,alexander-cockburn-wheres-the-evidence-of-gaddafis-war-crimes-in-libya

If you become a little better read you would have seen and heard primary witness statements - i.e. women who have been raped and soldiers who have done the raping.

You have any links to this primary evidence?

Radio 4, a couple of days ago from memory - interview with Libyan soldier who was instructed (along with colleagues) to rape a woman in her early 20's with her family downstairs. Officers went first, soldiers beaten if they weren't keen, around 20 men doing the raping, lasted 4 hours, typical occurrence.

Make of it what you will but the BBC usually manages to get it right before broadcasting this sort of stuff.

Radio 4, a couple of days ago from memory - interview with Libyan soldier who was instructed (along with colleagues) to rape a woman in her early 20's with her family downstairs. Officers went first, soldiers beaten if they weren't keen, around 20 men doing the raping, lasted 4 hours, typical occurrence.

Make of it what you will but the BBC usually manages to get it right before broadcasting this sort of stuff.

Yeah, just like Tower 11 in New York falling 20 mins after BBC reporter had reported it had already collapsed when it was still standing proudly behind her!!!

And the BBC (or ITV, C4, FIVE, Sky News) do not report on what they DON'T want you to hear about ie Judge in Birkenhead arrested for treason by the people, with 500 to 600 in attendance; Police, dogs etc (AND the government is removing evidence - YOUTUBE: This content is not available in your country due to a government removal request. This one is still viewable:

Police snatch squads in and @ London in the run-up to the Royal Wedding

http://directactionstation.com/?p=3425

Archived