Another U -Turn by Cameron

last month he planned to release criminals early, now he's he changed his mind again. What's that now, 10 U-turns in 10 months? [sarcasm] I'm really pleased to see that the government knows what it's doing, is really worthwhile and a benefit to the country [/sarcasm]

Why do people see U-Turns as bad things?

I think it's good when a government isn't too proud to change it's mind, better than pressing on with a plan they don't think is beneficial just to save face.

If you don't like a politician then you can criticise whatever they do, criticise when you don't like a plan, criticise when they listen to the public and change that plan, as you say criticise if they go ahead anyway.

I guess it makes it easier to stick to your political ideology if you blinker yourself and can only see the bad in the opposition.

I think it's good when a government isn't too proud to change it's mind, better than pressing on with a plan they don't think is beneficial just to save face.

+1 to that. At least the government is listening to criticism and the wider audience.

Remember ID cards and the Millennium Dome? Two hated projects that Labour wouldn't back down over and look at the waste of time and money. Not to mention BSF. We just need them to do the same with academies.

Because it's indecision and an indicator that a government has no confidence in its policies and to have 10 U-Turns in as many months, possibly much more U-turns, confirms the fact that the government just doesn't know what it's doing.

Because it's indecision and an indicator that a government has no confidence in its policies and to have 10 U-Turns in as many months, possibly much more U-turns, confirms the fact that the government just doesn't know what it's doing.

So you'd rather a government that refused to change it's mind regardless of whether it was the right thing to do?

And before you say you'd rather they just got it right first time, then think again, because human beings make mistakes, and sometimes change their minds on things.

You my dear, are a bandwagon jumper. You see "U-Turn" in the paper and automatically start posting threads about how bad it is, without thinking it through. :loopy:

Archived