Another U -Turn by Cameron

When the coaltion came into power i anticipated the fact that it would require more negotiation than if it was a 1-party government. I feel that the parties have become too bullish in their policy making and failed to consult the public. Therefore, a coalition would help change that and encourage negotiation. However, the problem with U-turns is that the negotiation takes place after the policy has been announced! They need to spend more time thinking through their ideas, negotiating with each other and the public before announcing their decisions.

Changing your ideas in the light of advice and consultation is just about the coolest thing that a government can do.

Aren't coalitions clever?

More like uproar in much of the press that forced Cameron to backtrack.

Changing your ideas in the light of advice and consultation is just about the coolest thing that a government can do.

Aren't coalitions clever?

Not when the initial idea is bonkers hatstand and was supported by the coalition leaders.

Herod - "Death to all first born male children!"

Population - "Boo!"

Herod - "Death to all first born male children....apart from those named David!"

Population - "Still Boo!"

Just because an insanely crackpot idea is changed under pressure from people doesn't make them a "listening Govt" nor does it excuse them for the crackpot idea in the first place...it just demonstrates their true nature.

You made me smile but that's gross misrepresentation isn't it? Is it bonkers that doctors should decide what NHS money is spent on?

All that's changed is that more doctors will be deciding. It's not much of a u-turn is it?

• 5 weeks later...
last month he planned to release criminals early, now he's he changed his mind again. What's that now, 10 U-turns in 10 months? [sarcasm] I'm really pleased to see that the government knows what it's doing, is really worthwhile and a benefit to the country [/sarcasm]

With regards to the deregulation of financial services, the tories were in agreement that this should happen and agreed with the bank bailout policy.

But the bank bailouts didn't get the country in a mess. In fact, those particular deals made the tax payer a fair few million in profit.

Archived