Best way to become a minted hairdressor - can you get rich quick?

Can anyone advise me on how to become a hairdresser, my stylist charges me £30 and she is still quite young.

The old hairdressers in there 30s charge up to £50 and I'd guess are minted.

What is the best route to go to get training? I know the college do it, but are there other training providers and which is the best one?

I am prepared to train for the long term so I can be the best I can, so an expensive short term option may be OK, provided I get the skills needed to become a minted sytlist. Charging £50 x 10 clients is £500, YEAH !!!:love::hihi:

On top of that £500 is rent for the salon, tax, products and I'm sure a huge list of other expenses. According to My Salary, the average wage for a hairdresser in the UK is £19.500. I'm not sure where you got the idea that they were 'minted'. When was the last time you saw a Ferrari outside a salon?

On top of that £500 is rent for the salon, tax, products and I'm sure a huge list of other expenses. According to My Salary, the average wage for a hairdresser in the UK is £19.500. I'm not sure where you got the idea that they were 'minted'. When was the last time you saw a Ferrari outside a salon?

At the salon I go to in town the hairdressers look very well dressed. They don't walk around in, or cut clients hair wearing outfits from Primark

At the salon I go to in town the hairdressers look very well dressed. They don't walk around in, or cut clients hair wearing outfits from Primark

Well, the average wage for a hairdresser in the UK is still £19,500

Tax at around 20% = £10

£40 left.

Once you bought your scissors etc...that £40 left must be your own

How much of that £40 would you have left after paying the salon rent and utility bills etc ?

Well they sylists in town don't look like there scrimping and saving to me

Of course, they're stylists. They're in the business of making people look fashionable. It's in their best interests to look fashionable themselves.

You are obviously not going to be persuaded to look at the facts so good luck with your training

Archived