Suit Advice needed

Hi

i was hoping some of the more fashion conscious on here could help me out.

I have a wedding in a couple of weeks and need a new suit, ideally i don't want this suit to be too formal, as i maybe off to vegas (las not skeg ;) ) later in the year and want something that will look good on a night out.

Ideally i want to spend around £300 but could stretch to £400, i know this rules out the Armani's but was still hoping for something quite nice.

Any advice greatly received.

First off, fashion is for weakminded people who feel the need to look like and do the things they would consider as being acceptable by their peers and role models.

Secondly, it was doesn't matter how your suit is styled provided it fits correctly. So if you decide to buy an "off the peg" suit from a retailer for a couple of hundred quid, it is worth spending another £100 having it adjusted by a tailor so that it fits correctly and looks banging.

hmmm starting to get worried now, I'd based my prices on a few suits i'd seen on the house of fraser website, but are these not of good quality/fit?

I would have thought that there would have been something acceptable for around £400? and TJ Hughes do suits?

I'm beginning to think i'd be better off saving my money and just wear trousers and a shirt :(

hmmm starting to get worried now, I'd based my prices on a few suits i'd seen on the house of fraser website, but are these not of good quality/fit?

I would have thought that there would have been something acceptable for around £400? and TJ Hughes do suits?

I'm beginning to think i'd be better off saving my money and just wear trousers and a shirt :(

Yes they do and they'll be less than £400. Take no notice of the £1500 brigade. I got OH a very nice suit from an ex catalogue shop at Hillsborough for £30. Not there now, I don't think anyway. Meadowhall also has quite a few mens shops

First off, fashion is for weakminded people who feel the need to look like and do the things they would consider as being acceptable by their peers and role models.

Secondly, it was doesn't matter how your suit is styled provided it fits correctly. So if you decide to buy an "off the peg" suit from a retailer for a couple of hundred quid, it is worth spending another £100 having it adjusted by a tailor so that it fits correctly and looks banging.

Maybe but there is the quality of the material to think about, cheap sandpaper material is miles away from the kind of quality wool you'd find on Savile Row for example.

While I agree with you about fashion I hope you don't think people walking around in tracksuits, pyjamas and bland jeans and jumpers is OK.

£400 will be fine. Look at the best suit providers and see if they have any sales on e.g. You could get a Savile Row suit for £400 that's normally a grand. Try TM Lewin also, they have branches everywhere and recently released a 'Mad Men' styled range. TM Lewin was also in a list of world's 100 best shops that was created a few years ago.

They can be a good quality or fit, but mass produced suits are produced to standard sizes, which is ok if you are a standard size.

General guidelines:

The sleeves should stop at the big knuckle join in your wrist.

The jacket should not hang loose around your torso.

The jacket should just be long enough to end at your groin/cover your bum, not longer ... maybe 2" shorter if you like.

The trousers should not be bunched at the bottom, when you're stood.

Archived