Suit Advice needed

Maybe but there is the quality of the material to think about, cheap sandpaper material is miles away from the kind of quality wool you'd find on Savile Row for example.

While I agree with you about fashion I hope you don't think people walking around in tracksuits, pyjamas and bland jeans and jumpers is OK.

Quality of material can be a consideration but not always ncessary, you can get a cheap suit to look ok

Ted Williams on London Road are excellent if you want a bespoke suit. It'll cost a tad more than £400 though! :)

I've been past that place a few times, and I guess appearances can be deceptive, because I've always thought it looked a little old fashioned, clothes for the older country gent!

That's how far my knowledge on suits goes!! :blush:

I just bought a suit from Burton's for my sisters wedding for £200ish which is very nice. The thing with a fashionable suit is you don't want to spend too much on it anyway as you won't be able to wear it for years and years as it will look dated. If your spending lots you want one which is a classic style which won't go out of date

I was browsing in T J Hughes whilst waiting for my wife and spotted a suit costing just £119. made by Skopes.

Tried it ,bought it,spot on,i've paid £300/400+ in the past for suits which have been no better than this one.

I shall certainly think twice before paying hundreds for my next suit.

Marks and Spencer. You will be able to find a suit well within your budget and it will fit well and last. Barney Goodman on Ecclesall Road used to offer tailored suits for around the £350-400 mark. These were made to your measurements from pre-existing patterns fully bespoke will cost into four figures.

Avoid places such as Primark and Matalan as their suits are very poor and made from bad materials.

The trick when buying suits is to look at the designer of the suit and compare them to your own body shape, ie. stocky and rounded look at US designer Ralph Lauren or UK's Paul Smith. Ralph Lauren might be outside of your price range but PAul SMith will probabaly have suits around the £400 mark.

Also have a look on Ebay. Many Saville Row tailors have outlet stores that may have something in your size or larger that can be altered.

You will find a good suit for £300-400.

Hi

i was hoping some of the more fashion conscious on here could help me out.

I have a wedding in a couple of weeks and need a new suit, ideally i don't want this suit to be too formal, as i maybe off to vegas (las not skeg ;) ) later in the year and want something that will look good on a night out.

Ideally i want to spend around £300 but could stretch to £400, i know this rules out the Armani's but was still hoping for something quite nice.

Any advice greatly received.

Have a look at The Suit Shop on Matlock Street in Bakewell.

Archived