VX Vivaro Vans continue to be built in UK

It is great news that although car production has stopped the Vauxhall Vivaro van seems to be holding its own with british businesses. I have had one since 2006 so my black brick is now 5 years old hence my interest in the article published in todays Times.

The light commercial has 6 gears and 3 seats with a versatile load area. With 4 young ones I have a 3 coach seat removable frame on wing nuts so it can be removed and the sliding door opens path side with only the drivers door road side.

The fuel economy is good too and although some drivers have failed to see me and collided the parts are all available and goes together like lego. Its a dream vehicle and the family appreciates the useage for large items so instead of everyone having to buy multi use cars they can opt for more people friendly cars now.

I dont think I will ever get rid of this van even though the running costs for fuel, tyres, brakes and road tax are more and will make it into a leisure vehicle for carrying sports equipment like bikes and diving gear with my trailer for racing karts, canoes and jet skis.

Loads of people are turning them into camper vans. What do you do with yours?

Had one for a while, couldn't wait to get rid of it, fuel pump packed up twice,& repaired once under warranty, 2nd time cost me £1200,& still never worked properly,would lose power on motorways & speed would drop to 40mph un-expectedly, gearbox bearings started to groan, numerous electrical problems,worst of which being the imobiliser would play up about 5 times a day,never did solve that one either. Although a well designed van, dreadful reliability.

Got a transit now, no problems at all!

• 1 month later...

Looks like my van has caught the Vivaro disease. High pressure pump has blown like many others have. A common fault apparently but they don't tell you that.

You should at least be told to check for filings in the fuel filter. When servicing these it looks like it would pay to do the fuel system flush too.

Archived