BT - Rip offs

kirky

Originally posted by kirky

just had an already exsisting phone line reconnected (2 days ago) got a bill this morning for 134 quid..ive rang them up and they say its correct......can't belive it.surley this can't be right.

I only stay with them as i need the line for this computer,other than that it would not be worth having, as my bill is only about £11 per month because i use my mobile instead and it works out cheaper.

Originally posted by Classic Rock

Good BT, aren't they?

A virtual monopoly of the market, so feel they can charge whatever they like. I'm NOT coming back.

Its a pity the competition are alot worse then isnt it ;)

It's a bit late for you, but in case someone else reading this wants a phone line reconnecting.....

Internally, BT are totally disorganised. My girlfriend needed a phone reconnecting when she moved into a flat, and was quoted £100 by a BT bod. So we played "BT Roulette" calling a second time. This time she was quoted £10. We decided to "stick" at this point and accepted the quote.

Originally posted by unners

I only stay with them as i need the line for this computer,other than that it would not be worth having, as my bill is only about £11 per month because i use my mobile instead and it works out cheaper.

Have you got Broadband unners?

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Have you got Broadband unners?

No mate.dont use the net often enough to justify the cost. although really if i cancelled SKY which is aload of crap i could spend the cash on Broadband instead i suppose.

Originally posted by RPG

Its a pity the competition are alot worse then isnt it ;)

All of the cable companies are a bunch of cowboys.

With this sort of thing, it is often worth checking the net, or bus, TV adverts to see if any promotions running.

Archived