Why bother Re-Cycling?

Why bother re-cycling when the collection staff just emptied half a street full of blue boxes full of paper @ cardboard into peoples black refuse bins

. Well done lads, but suppose it's OK for YOU to do it!...My blue bin will be empty in future..(S6)

Why bother re-cycling when the collection staff just emptied half a street full of blue boxes full of paper @ cardboard into peoples black refuse bins

. Well done lads, but suppose it's OK for YOU to do it!...My blue bin will be empty in future..(S6)

I've been watching them this morning - they empty 2 or more blue boxes into a black bin with the lid removed - said black bin then goes on the back of the waggon and is emptied into it.

As I said, when their own bin without a lid on was full the rest of the blue boxes were emptied into peoples black bins to be collected by the normal refuse wagon.

Then report them - they're not doing the job they are paid to do. Don't stoop to their level by not using your blue box again.

I already have done and not for the first time! I reported them not long ago for throwing & kicking the blue boxes about which was putting holes and cracks in them,but have to say that management did put a stop to it. In my opinion they now have to sort this re-cycling issue out so we're all operating under the same rules.

I'm sure there's a fellow forummer who works for council/veolia? I'm fairly sure ive seen similar comments before on here.

Anyway, I hope they are recycling everything cos the bin men round our end keep leaving those signs that say they cant empty your recycling bin due to an object they cant recycle so they leave your whole bin in stead of removing the offending item.

Are you sure the vehicle was collecting general waste as well? We have alternate weekly collections and a vehicle that looks like a general waste wagon collects our recyclables from our blue box but not on the same week. I don't know what they do in your area.

My mum has recently moved house and so filled her blue box quickly and had lots of boxes which wouldnt fit in, so she flattened them all and left them by the side of the box, when they came to empty last friday, they didnt take the boxes and when she asked them if they would they simply replied no and was told to put it all in her black bin...... i thought they wanted us to recycle:huh:

Archived