Why bother Re-Cycling?

Anyway, I hope they are recycling everything cos the bin men round our end keep leaving those signs that say they cant empty your recycling bin due to an object they cant recycle so they leave your whole bin in stead of removing the offending item.

What a waste. Because they collect mixed glass, plastic and cans they must have some sorting done at the depot or wherever it goes. Why can't they remove the unwanted items there??

I cant understand people who drive to the supermarket just to put stuff in a bottle bank. You`re not getting anything out of it apart from wasting petrol.

I particularly like the ones in those big Jeep type vehicles, who leave their engines running while they are fannying around.

Oh dear, Celeb is just being silly and playing up "in character" - it is a bit of fun and very tongue in cheek.

I have a dry sense of humour but this is not funny. :rolleyes:Just trying to pretend humour was intented as they have been show to be dumb. Their next post says it all. :hihi: Reminds me when I was a kid and and I'd put my fingers in my ears to grown ups and say I wasn't listening? :hihi: Need I say more?:D

Why bother re-cycling when the collection staff just emptied half a street full of blue boxes full of paper @ cardboard into peoples black refuse bins

. Well done lads, but suppose it's OK for YOU to do it!...My blue bin will be empty in future..(S6)

The same wagon does not do both collections. So, I expect the blue bin/box operatives used there brains, filled up a bin with "blue" waste and used the bin hoist to load the wagon instead of having to tip multiple boxes by hand.

I've never recycled, and never will.

Why bother, the planet will be ok until I'm gone.

That's exactly why I think packaging should be taxed at source, so the consumer is given a very real choice to make - clobber plastic packaging as heavily as fuel is and people would start making greener purchasing decisions - and sod recycling! Reuseable or not at all is preferable!

Archived