Just nearly been had by a scam ring!

Hi all just to let you know i advertised a car on gumtree and got a reply to buy it but he said he worked on rigs etc so he was offshore and needed to pay via paypal. I know paypal is safe so agreed then he started sending me emails saying he needed the car collecting by a agent who would deliver the car to his son but they needed paying by Western union! so he would send me £800 to cover fees and costs for delivery.I didnt think this was suspect as this could prob happen so he said he was transferring £3,300 then i received a email from paypal saying the money had gone in but was on hold until i transferred the £800 and it gave me a link to follow to transfer money! This is where i thought paypal wouldnt do that now some people may have just clicked it and sent it.I didnt i checked my paypal account to see if i could see it of course the money wasnt there! so i phoned them and it is a major scam so all im saying is please be aware of what you are doing!

Gumtree is terrible for stuff like like that.

try selling a phone and people email you to send it to africa. as you said with your car. they make it out to be as realistic as possible and they must scam some poor people that ain't that smart on stuff like this.

just use S.f with real people and not scam artist's, well most of them ain't lol

Archived