Can i fly with my passport in my maiden name?

Hi

When i got married 3 years ago i sent off for a new passport when i got back. Thing is now i cant find my new passport (in my married name) but i can find the one which is still valid in my maiden name. The passport office didnt cut my old passport like i they do when one is out of date, so presumably they didnt cut it so i could travel in my maiden name if i ever wanted to?

Thanks

I wouldn't have thought so. These days they check the details on the passport before you even get to the airport and so yours will be showing as no longer valid. You need to get in touch with passport agency and tell them the situation and get a replacement

The passport office didnt cut my old passport like i they do when one is out of date, so presumably they didnt cut it so i could travel in my maiden name if i ever wanted to?

I wouldn't trust that if I were you. Now that border control checks are computerise they will check if a passport is valid using that - they don't need to deface the passport to indicate it is invalid.

Hi

When i got married 3 years ago i sent off for a new passport when i got back. Thing is now i cant find my new passport (in my married name) but i can find the one which is still valid in my maiden name. The passport office didnt cut my old passport like i they do when one is out of date, so presumably they didnt cut it so i could travel in my maiden name if i ever wanted to?

Thanks

It's highly unlikely that your old passport is still valid. I am puzzled as to why your old passport was not marked/cut. However, I would check with IPS (identity and passport service) to see where you stand. If still valid, and the ticket is in your maiden name, you might be able to get away with it.

my friend had this problem last year when we went away together

she was married but never changed her passport

however we got round this by booking the holiday in her maiden name with no problems

just to add she never renewed when she got married so dont know whether that will make a difference

Archived