Can i fly with my passport in my maiden name?

Your old passwort as others say will be invalid and it will be caught at the check in desk I expect and rejected.

If you take your old passport, marriage certificate and other stuff to prove address etc and go to Liverpool, and pay a LOT of money they can do a same day one, provided there is no change of address. You need to ring them first thing though to find out.

Hi

When i got married 3 years ago i sent off for a new passport when i got back. Thing is now i cant find my new passport (in my married name) but i can find the one which is still valid in my maiden name. The passport office didnt cut my old passport like i they do when one is out of date, so presumably they didnt cut it so i could travel in my maiden name if i ever wanted to?

Thanks

Do not take any chances, get it renewed and do it fast if you are flying soon.

It is very particular, if for example you sign thge form at the end and your signature partly goes out of the signing box, you passport application is rejected.

If they say jump, you jump - and pay for the privelidge as well

If it has be replaced with a newer passport then your old passport is indeed invalid.

However to answer the question in the thread title, yes you can travel with a passport in your maiden name even after marriage if the passport still valid, i.e in date and not been replaced by a newer passport.

Legally you can still use you maiden name for anything after you get wed, it's a matter of choice whether you actually take up your hubby's surname.

Still after all that, in your specific case I would go get a new passport to be on the safe side! When they scan your old one at the airport it'll almost certainly register as not being valid any longer.

Hi

When i got married 3 years ago i sent off for a new passport when i got back. Thing is now i cant find my new passport (in my married name) but i can find the one which is still valid in my maiden name. The passport office didnt cut my old passport like i they do when one is out of date, so presumably they didnt cut it so i could travel in my maiden name if i ever wanted to?

Thanks

Your maiden name is your true name anyway, it's just convention not to have to change your name by deed poll after a marriage, but to assume a new name... As long as your flight ticket and hotel booking are in your maiden name, your passport will be fine :)

Ah - Now you have been issued a newer passport, you can't travel on the older one... It's been made invaild, by your buying a newer one... You can buy a new passport, and let the passport office know that you have lost the new one you had...

If it has be replaced with a newer passport then your old passport is indeed invalid.

Ah - Now you have been issued a newer passport, you can't travel on the older one... It's been made invaild, by your buying a newer one...

Neither of those statements is true! :D

If that were the case, you wouldn't be able to hold two (or more) current passports.

John X

Archived