Where are you from? (city or country)

I am (originally) a Channel Islander. That is my domicile.

I'm from 'all over' - I move around a lot.

I am 'ordinarily resident' at home (they don't bother) in the UK, Germany and the US.

I have to fill in a lot of tax forms (but I pay once ... they sort it out themselves.) :hihi:

Whereabouts in Lithuania do you come from, Bonulo?

I'm not from anywhere in particular apart from England. I moved around a lot when I was being brought up due to my dad's promotions, but I settled in Sheffield when I came here to go to university and liked the city.

I'm not sure that I would stay here if I came to the city as an 18 year old now. It's changed a lot.

I'm not from anywhere in particular apart from England. I moved around a lot when I was being brought up due to my dad's promotions, but I settled in Sheffield when I came here to go to university and liked the city.

I'm not sure that I would stay here if I came to the city as an 18 year old now. It's changed a lot.

As I said earlier - I move around a lot.

I visit Sheffield (to see family) often. I'm neither impressed nor depressed by 'the city' (I'm not a 'townie') but the people I've met there are nice enough - they're 'just people' and I get on with people.

I liked the people I met well enough to make me want to buy a house there and will be moving to Sheffield later this year (I reserve the right to spend as much time as I like - particularly the time called 'winter' elsewhere.)

I moved to Sheffield in 1981 - I was born and brought up in Dewsbury - a very important market town in it's day, and a part of the old Heavy Woolen Industry conurbation

Most of the woolen miils are now flats (and back in the 70s a few were nightclubs) :love:

It's a small town - I don't miss it and never have, but one thing I never fail to appreciate if I visit Dewsbury and the surrounding areas (Huddersfield, Halifax etc) are the stone built buildings and mills :love: :love:

Archived