Where are you from? (city or country)

As I said earlier - I move around a lot.

I visit Sheffield (to see family) often. I'm neither impressed nor depressed by 'the city' (I'm not a 'townie') but the people I've met there are nice enough - they're 'just people' and I get on with people.

I liked the people I met well enough to make me want to buy a house there and will be moving to Sheffield later this year (I reserve the right to spend as much time as I like - particularly the time called 'winter' elsewhere.)

The thing I still like about Sheffield is that it's hilly. If it was the same city on flat ground it would be a ****hole like Leicester. The western suburbs of Sheffield where the wooded valleys finger out into the Peak District are great. It's so hilly that you can look out over some parts of the city in summer and wonder where the houses are.

I don't think there's another city in the UK where city boundaries and National Park overlap in the same way.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived