Why is the population of Australia so low.

Austrailia has a population of under 23 million compared to the UK which is under 62 million (or is it lol). Why are their immigration rules so tight? The way the world is growing they will have to allow more people in at some stage. Australia is a massive place.

its not cos of immigration per se although yes they are far more stringent, the population comes down mainly to people going there from other countries which in relation to other countries is a newish thing, so less time for 10s of generations to get going, also its a massive place so looks less and its still quite a wild and dangerous place

Austrailia has a population of under 23 million compared to the UK which is under 62 million (or is it lol). Why are their immigration rules so tight? The way the world is growing they will have to allow more people in at some stage. Australia is a massive place.

Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that so much of Australia is uninhabitable, they even let us drop nuclear bombs on it in the 1950s.

Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that so much of Australia is uninhabitable, they even let us drop nuclear bombs on it in the 1950s.

..... Dropped bombes and no one even noticed. :)

The population is growing faster than the infrasturcture at the moment. Good for me as the value of my house has shot up.

There is a massive push at the moment to get skilled workers to move over. Anyone who thinks they aren't considered 'skilled' should take a look at the list...

hairdresses, bakers, as well as engineers, physios and tradies. The list is really long.

Thing about Australia is that as mentioned before, much of it is uninhabitable. Some of it is privately owned - like 'brindebella cattle station'- which is about the size of Belgium.

There are also numerous national parks which include everything from rainforests to deserts...m then there is the mining.

I love Australia.

The same can be said for Canada, the second largest country in area in the world. About 90% of its population lives within a hundred miles of the US border. Most of it is Arctic, unable to sustain a large population.

..... Dropped bombes and no one even noticed. :)

The population is growing faster than the infrasturcture at the moment. Good for me as the value of my house has shot up.

There is a massive push at the moment to get skilled workers to move over. Anyone who thinks they aren't considered 'skilled' should take a look at the list...

hairdresses, bakers, as well as engineers, physios and tradies. The list is really long.

Thing about Australia is that as mentioned before, much of it is uninhabitable. Some of it is privately owned - like 'brindebella cattle station'- which is about the size of Belgium.

There are also numerous national parks which include everything from rainforests to deserts...m then there is the mining.

I love Australia.

You really know how to make people jealous .Goodluck .:)

Archived