Good indian food

You have to laugh, I have long been an advocate of Pakistani and Bangladeshi food not being labled as Indian, until yesterday when in Tesco I was looking at their Finest range and noted an Indian pre-prepared beef curry dish.

:loopy:

Why not?

You have to laugh, I have long been an advocate of Pakistani and Bangladeshi food not being labled as Indian, until yesterday when in Tesco I was looking at their Finest range and noted an Indian pre-prepared beef curry dish.

:loopy:

What's the difference then? Are some dishes from India and some from Pakistan?

Majority of Indian's are Hindu. Most hindu's don't eat beef as we believe it to be a sacred animal (because when we are young we drink our mothers milk, a little later we drink cows milk, this milk helped our start in life which is why out of respect hindu's don't eat beef). Pakistan and Bangladesh as a Muslim majority hence curries from these countries don't contain pork.

Lot's of hindu's however eat beef, especially those who are no longer living in India. I am one of them!

Hope that helps!

House of Spice (the old light shop) is IMO, the best place on Ecclesall Road at moment, followed by The Moghul Room on Sharrowvale Rd at Hunter Bar.

If you want to travel a bit a further try Dhanisthas on Abbeydale Road.

What's the difference then? Are some dishes from India and some from Pakistan?

Pakistan and Bangladesh wanted partition from India, they have waged war against India, but when it comes to making money Indian sounds friendlier than Pakistani or Bangladeshi. Also there are distinct differences in the cuisine of the three countries, that is unless you have had 10 pints and could die for a vindaloo.

Archived