If you were given £2,000 what would you buy?

I'd probably put it in my ISA.

Ok then I'd buy a new dress and shoes, then I'd treat the kids, and my mum and my man.

I'd just blow it, don't really need anything so I'd just have fun with it.

Aren't ISAs a why of avoiding paying tax?

seriously - my house is a building project in process - I would use it as a kickstart to get rid of the leaking bath waste pipe, rotting floor boards, updating decor from 1950s, extension of back etc - I think I need that lass on the telly round here - COULD be such a beautiful house lol (we both work full time and have three kids!!)

Aren't ISAs a why of avoiding paying tax?

Not really. If I have the £2000 under the bed I don't pay tax, there would be no tax due. If I put it into an ISA I'd still pay no tax, therefore there is no avoidance.

A world of difference from having my taxable income paid in platinum sponge, or through a Cayman Islands holding company or via my wife who lives in Monaco thus avoiding the tax due.

the garden.

theres no fence currently as previous occupiers ripped it down.

the neighbours on both sides dogs use my garden to try and fight each other ( 2 on each side) so my little one cant use the garden, too dangerous with the dogs and the large drop on to concrete if she got to close to the boundary between us and neighbour

Archived