Arch Bishop ranting again

Why would he say something so completely at odds with the teachings of the bible?

Where does it say anything about UK immigrants in the bible? ;)

Jesus said quite a lot that was completely at odds with the Tanakh and Torah as I recall from my religious education lessons.

They are, as with everyone! (although I dont know where you dragged education from)

My point is that just because someone who believes in a sky being.... The same sky being that millions of others believe in does not make this person's views on politics worthy of 'news'.

Because he is an Archbishop! You don't think people report what Mr Cameron has to say because he's an 'unelected' Prime Minister? It's a bit rich hearing Politicians complaining about the press reporting what the Archbishop has said!

That doesn't make it right. And I certainly don't think it's right.

What has right got to do with anything? Do you want to have a state sponsered press which the government can use to ignore comments they don't like? Do you know what that kind of state is called? We have this thing called 'Freedom of Speech' which says he is allowed to speak up on ANY subject he wants and the press are allowed to report ANY of those comments they find newsworthy. If you don't like it there are several countries you could go to where that isn't the case.

He claims there's a lack of "proper public argument".

And it's not like the chruch has a history of debating it's decisions, not long ago dissagreeing with the church ususally got you killed in a horrible fashion.

So what?!?!? If he talks about his sky being then fine, no bother from me.

Sticking his oar in when he has no expertise then he can have it back smeared with poop.

So based upon that, unless YOU are an expert in the realm of free speech, you have no right to comment upon his use of free speech.

What has right got to do with anything? Do you want to have a state sponsered press which the government can use to ignore comments they don't like? Do you know what that kind of state is called? We have this thing called 'Freedom of Speech' which says he is allowed to speak up on ANY subject he wants and the press are allowed to report ANY of those comments they find newsworthy. If you don't like it there are several countries you could go to where that isn't the case.

What are you on about? I'm saying nothing of the sort. I will iterate again and please take care to READ this time.

I am in no way against freedom of speech! I just resent the implication that this man has any reason to have his opinion in the news.

What are you on about? I'm saying nothing of the sort. I will iterate again and please take care to READ this time.

I am in no way against freedom of speech! I just resent the implication that this man has any reason to have his opinion in the news.

Based upon your argument no politician deserves to have his opinions reported unless discussing politics. I don't/haven't heard any complaints about that? The press are entitled to chose who they wish to report or not. People are entitled to choose whether they wish to listen/read that report. Based upon the amount of upset his comments have caused amongst politicians it seems he has hit a raw nerve. Who do you think should choose whether anybody has there opinions put into the news?

Archived