What's a "Scratch" Performance.

Hello-

Just a quick query, and yes I've googled but didn't get the info I wanted. So what's a scratch performance? In terms of a theatre production.

There's one on in Sheffield soon where new writers will have their work performed in this format.

Thanks

In musical performances, it usually means without rehearsals. I imagine the same goes for theatre performances.

Okay, thank's for that. I found something on google which stated "a performance where the actors have scripts in hand" So it does sound very much like that..:D

The term "scratch" is used in music too as in a "scratch band" a hastily thrown together band of musicians put together for a gig, they won't necessarily have ever played together before.

The expression starting from scratch means a a first step so a scratch team is one thrown together prematurely before all players are fit and available.Typically England give a scratch(crap) performance in football;SUFC and SWFC need to start from scratch.

Archived