Sainsbury's Online delivery nightmare!

Today I have received my delivery from shopping online with Sainsbury's. It was the first time I have ever done grocery shopping online from any store. I had ordered it for a bbq I am having on Saturday (11th June)

Well it arrived within the time slot I had chosen and the delivery driver notified me that there was a few substitutes and one short shelf life item. The short life item was coleslaw which expired today so I told them to send it back. I then unpacked the items to find alot of the meat expired tomorrow and so did the all breadcakes. I wasnt happy but thought I would live with it.

It was not until I checked the receipt that my blood pressure went up! My original online order was for £51.30 exc delivery however the receipt showed the total price of £100.12 exc delivery!!! :rant: :rant:

I immediatley rang them and was informed that the meat was on offer on day I placed the order but today it is not so I have been charged full price and that it is stated in the t&c's you will pay the day price. I told them they can come and take it all back as I was not paying that price but they refused to collect the meat. Anyway after they explained all their policies I asked to speak to a manager, as frankly I was not getting off the phone till they sorted it out. Anyway 35 minutes later they agreed to refund the diference.

I only bought from Sainsburys because the bbq meat was on offer, I would not have bothered if not. I would not have minded a few quid but double the original price is horrendous, the website prices should adjust themselves if they are not going to be on offer on the day of delivery.

So I would just like to warn anyone thinking of shopping with Sainsburys

online that I would not bother! I definitely NEVER grocery shop online again!!

Hope the 50 breadcakes I have got will be ok a day out of date lol

That's rubbish, I don't bother with delivery anymore after 3 **** ups the last being a carrier bag with a carton of milk in that had leaked all over everything ! Had to take all the labels of the tins and wash them (then try and remember what was in them ) and empty a packet of rice into a container, as everything would have smelt of sour milk:gag: It took me literally ages to sort it all out.

I know it is ridiculous, they substituted an item that was £1.05 to one at £4.50! It is like they just take your order, send what they want and charge you whatever they want.

When I told them about the items going out of date tomorrow, they said they class short shelf life as expiring on that day. It just seems to me they just get rid of all the stuff that no one will buy instore due to short life on the online deliveries.

I know it is ridiculous, they substituted an item that was £1.05 to one at £4.50! It is like they just take your order, send what they want and charge you whatever they want.

I know Tesco and Asda both substitute at the value of the product you ordered, so in your case you would have been charged £1.05 for the more expensive item.

I know people lead busy lives, and I reckon it is very easy just to shop on line. I HATE shopping, but I would rather starve than shop on line! I like to see what I am buying, check the dates etc. Double the price?? Tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine!

• 2 weeks later...

Asda are good with their substitutes.

If you buy say, some Smart Price digestives, and they are out of stock, they will give you a Mcvities pack for the Smart Price price, saving you about £1. They hardly ever do have to substitute, but when they do, you won't pay any extra.

Archived