Sainsbury's Online delivery nightmare!

I know when we've done online shopping, at least with Sainsburys, theres an option to tick under each item order 'do not substitute' so you dont get things you dont want or need. They also have an option to type in what to substitute with if the one you initially want is not in

The meat thing, I wasnt aware of and would be pretty upset if was charged twice what was confirmed. When we buy online, we never buy fresh items as the people who do the online shops never chose the best fruit or the leaner cuts of meat (always get VERY fatty meat - YUCK) Usually use it when we need to stock on long life things or heavier items we cant carry back

It's sharp practice at least, if not bordering illegal to accept an order, display a price and then try to charge more when it's delivered. The contract is formed when you agree to pay the displayed price, they can't just change it because they don't fulfill the order for several days. Think how that would work for other things, order computer goods online at a given price, website changes price the next day and they charge you a new higher price because your order hasn't been delivered, complete nonsense.

I've never had a good experience of shopping online. I've tried all 4 big supermarkets and they're all poor. The most recent was an order for 30 bottles of a discount sports drink, they delivered 4 and then charged 5 quid delivery, when I phoned they explained that they don't guarantee to deliver more than 4 of any one item, but they at least refunded the delivery charge.

It's sharp practice at least, if not bordering illegal to accept an order, display a price and then try to charge more when it's delivered.

Or even price up on the shelves but ring up more expensive at the till, it's the same thing. I see this happening all the time.

I've never used Tesco online delivery (no point seeing as I live round the corner from the Infirmary Road one), but if I did I'd use them over Sainsbury's every time.

Asda are good with their substitutes.

If you buy say, some Smart Price digestives, and they are out of stock, they will give you a Mcvities pack for the Smart Price price, saving you about £1. They hardly ever do have to substitute, but when they do, you won't pay any extra.

Agree. We use Asda online every week and have had some right bargains when they've had to use a more expensive substitute.

More importantly they're reliable and cheap to deliver. £3 for a Thursday delivery between 1 and 3pm.:D

It's sharp practice at least, if not bordering illegal to accept an order, display a price and then try to charge more when it's delivered. The contract is formed when you agree to pay the displayed price, they can't just change it because they don't fulfill the order for several days. Think how that would work for other things, order computer goods online at a given price, website changes price the next day and they charge you a new higher price because your order hasn't been delivered, complete nonsense.

Very true. If I decide now to go and buy some clothes from say TopShop online, and they have a 70% off sale, which ends today, but they don't process my order until tomorrow, I won't be expected to pay 70% more for my clothes. Just because they don't do a same day supermarket delivery service, they shouldn't be charging extra for the things you have bought. I suppose this is where the 'No payment will be taken until your order is delivered' part comes in. If I buy clothes online, the payment is taken immediately, and theres not much they can do.

Guess we should all stop being lazy bums and go and do the shopping in person :)

Archived