Sainsbury's Online delivery nightmare!

I've had nothing but bad experiences online shopping from Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda. They all stink at it! Sainsburys sent me potatoes that should have gone in the bin a few days before they sent them! Asda missed my delivery slot by about four hours and then half of the stuff was missing, and Tesco, don't have any bargains online, like the value ranges, as they're frightened of customers stocking up on them, and not making a premium on their delivery items.

I've never used Tesco online delivery (no point seeing as I live round the corner from the Infirmary Road one), but if I did I'd use them over Sainsbury's every time.

So why even post at all in this thread? :loopy:

We used Sainsbury's once and that was enough. Since then it has been Tesco ans ASDA and we have received some really good bargains as well. The best one was a £3 joint upgraded to a £14 joint :o You can't argue with a shop like that can you :)

I've had nothing but bad experiences online shopping from Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda. They all stink at it! Sainsburys sent me potatoes that should have gone in the bin a few days before they sent them! Asda missed my delivery slot by about four hours and then half of the stuff was missing, and Tesco, don't have any bargains online, like the value ranges, as they're frightened of customers stocking up on them, and not making a premium on their delivery items.

I have to disagree with you. If an item is sent to you and is sub-standard ASDA and Tesco will simply refund you the price of the product while you get to keep it.

We had a couple of crappy items a few weeks ago and we complained. We ended up with our money back and free replacements.

I'm disappointed to read the tales of woe posted on this thread. (Disappointed, not disputing.)

I haven't used Tesco (or any other) online-order delivery service since just after the the Tesco service started. (I moved out of the UK.)

Back then, it was value for money, the merchandise was fresh. Nothing - apart from fresh-baked bread was anywhere near the 'sell-by' date and where substitutions were made, they were usually for higher-priced items at the lower cost.

'In-store' offers were invariably included in the order. (On one occasion, there was a bogoff and I had ordered one item. - Tesco delivered two, because I had overlooked the offer.)

I thought - at the time - they were on to a good thing. It's a pity some of the retailers appear to be trying to discourage customers from shopping at their online stores - which is what happens when you mistreat them

No doubt other retailers will take the market share from those who can't be bothered to look after their customers.

Asda are good with their substitutes.

If you buy say, some Smart Price digestives, and they are out of stock, they will give you a Mcvities pack for the Smart Price price, saving you about £1. They hardly ever do have to substitute, but when they do, you won't pay any extra.

not for me there arnt

i used to get daft substitutes like the time they replaced a tin of thier own brand custard with a packet of thier own brand custard cream biscuits. hmm not sure what my dinner guests woud have thought of me serving that over the appe pie, lol

I have to disagree with you. If an item is sent to you and is sub-standard ASDA and Tesco will simply refund you the price of the product while you get to keep it.

We had a couple of crappy items a few weeks ago and we complained. We ended up with our money back and free replacements.

Yeah, but as I said, it was Sainsburys, that sent me the rotten potatoes. My complaints re. Asda and Tesco were for other reasons.

Today I have received my delivery from shopping online with Sainsbury's. It was the first time I have ever done grocery shopping online from any store. I had ordered it for a bbq I am having on Saturday (11th June)

Well it arrived within the time slot I had chosen and the delivery driver notified me that there was a few substitutes and one short shelf life item. The short life item was coleslaw which expired today so I told them to send it back. I then unpacked the items to find alot of the meat expired tomorrow and so did the all breadcakes. I wasnt happy but thought I would live with it.

It was not until I checked the receipt that my blood pressure went up! My original online order was for £51.30 exc delivery however the receipt showed the total price of £100.12 exc delivery!!! :rant: :rant:

I immediatley rang them and was informed that the meat was on offer on day I placed the order but today it is not so I have been charged full price and that it is stated in the t&c's you will pay the day price. I told them they can come and take it all back as I was not paying that price but they refused to collect the meat. Anyway after they explained all their policies I asked to speak to a manager, as frankly I was not getting off the phone till they sorted it out. Anyway 35 minutes later they agreed to refund the diference.

I only bought from Sainsburys because the bbq meat was on offer, I would not have bothered if not. I would not have minded a few quid but double the original price is horrendous, the website prices should adjust themselves if they are not going to be on offer on the day of delivery.

So I would just like to warn anyone thinking of shopping with Sainsburys

online that I would not bother! I definitely NEVER grocery shop online again!!

Hope the 50 breadcakes I have got will be ok a day out of date lol

It does demonstrate the need to read the T&C where the small print has a big message.

That's rubbish, I don't bother with delivery anymore after 3 **** ups the last being a carrier bag with a carton of milk in that had leaked all over everything ! Had to take all the labels of the tins and wash them (then try and remember what was in them ) and empty a packet of rice into a container, as everything would have smelt of sour milk:gag: It took me literally ages to sort it all out.

Why on earth did you wash the labels after removing them;sounds like youm had the makings of a dececent riced pud-yummy with nutmegand a whipped egg baked in shallow dish with cream and vanilla pods:):):)

Archived