Political party manifestos

I wonder if there is a single politician in the Commons who had the guts to propose a bill on the lines of "Whatever a party puts in its manifesto pre- election must be carried out during the term of office". When you look at what they promise us when trying for power against what they actually do, why should they be able to lie and get away with it .

What happens if they try to carry out the manifesto but some items get voted out...what happens if global/national/economic situations change through their term of office rendering some of the manifesto unworkable? Would they still be bound by the bill?

Times change and I think it is very hard for everything on a manifesto pre election to be implemented once in power. Even harder is trying to implement 2 manifesto's that contradict each other which is why they had the coalition agreement.

Although people don't understand coalitions and never will but it would be interesting to see any single party get in to power and be legally bound to their manifesto.

Times change and I think it is very hard for everything on a manifesto pre election to be implemented once in power. Even harder is trying to implement 2 manifesto's that contradict each other which is why they had the coalition agreement.

Although people don't understand coalitions and never will but it would be interesting to see any single party get in to power and be legally bound to their manifesto.

Well I guess that's acceptable then

I wonder if there is a single politician in the Commons who had the guts to propose a bill on the lines of "Whatever a party puts in its manifesto pre- election must be carried out during the term of office". When you look at what they promise us when trying for power against what they actually do, why should they be able to lie and get away with it .

They all lie so why bother worrying about it.

Archived