What do you hate doing but would pay someone else to do?

Ironing, but fortunately most of my attire does not require it.

Ironing, I hate it. I would like to have a cleaner, not because I hate the actual cleaning, but hate the amount of time it takes up, with someone else doing it I would get more time to enjoy my days off doing something I enjoy :)

Ironing for me, too. I detest it!

It has to be 'housework' - I've been doing it (Or rather responsible for doing it - it rarely gets done) for 20-odd years.

We've now moved to a place where 'DIY' is a bit of a swearword ... People come in and do that (at an [amazingly high price!] A place where you can get your house cleaned for about £30 an hour.

'Changing a bath' was quoted at £400 (with me providing the new bath! ... to be fair, everything which coiuld go wrong did go wrong ... the guy won't make a lot of profit.)

I'm doing a lot of re-modelling and I spend a lot of time in Builders' Merchants. Most of the people around here are 'old farts' and those that aren't are over-protective. It seems that nothing (builders' materials) may weigh more than 50 lb. If a white-haired gentleman approaches something which weighs anything like that, alarm bells go off!

I was in the Home Despot (DIY store) and I wanted some concrete mix. It came in 50lb bags, so I grabbed one. A young man (emplpyee) rushed up to me and said: "Oh, Sir! - You can't carry that! - let me help you!"

"Fine, said I. "Here's the other one" and picked up a second bag.

"But I can't carry two!" He said.

My dad used to carry 1cwt bags in each hand. 50lb in each hand is easy. I don't need help with shifting building materials, but if Home Despot have a few spare guys they could send to my house - people who would say (when I picked up a vacuum cleaner) "Oh Sir, you can't carry that" I'd be in paradise.

"Come clean my house."

Washing my car, inside and out. I HATE it. Everyone says be proud of my car, and I am, but WHY OH WHY do I have to waste a morning out of the two a week I get spare washing it (answer is, I don't, its filthy at the moment).

Archived