Should South Yorkshire be a drug friendly zone?

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should South Yorkshire be a drug friendly zone?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Don't know

Should we decriminalize drugs in South Yorkshire and regulate the industry.

We could reduce both harm and crime, whilst increasing tourism and create a new stream of taxation.

I'm not saying we should do it overnight, but we could get the ball rolling, pilot a few zones, iron out any problems, expand the zones and at least see if it is of benefit to our society.

I'm thinking cannabis style cafes, shooting rooms, opium and crack dens concentrated in an area that could be contained and designated both drug friendly and child free.

Attracting foreign investment by tax friendly incentives and having an educated and willing work force would be a far better way to go.

With your idea they'd need to fence the whole place off to keep the crazies away from the rest of the country :hihi:

sheffield as amsterdam-interesting! both are small dull cities with bad weather, both have large numbers of people who smoke, swallow, snort and inject drugs (mainly without serious harm to themselves or others) - perhaps coffee shops on division street full of stoned germans and cockneys would protect us from economic meltdown under the cam-clegg junta -

or perhaps not.

there could be a 'pot festival' outside the city hall with stalls selling lebanese red and norwegian blue, that junkie who used to shag kate moss could be released from prison and be the drugs czar of south yorkshire teaching the yoof how to handle it.

interesting.

It already is, you can drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes to your hearts content.

What others drugs could anyone need.

many years ago mine was amphetamine sulphate - dope was for hippies, just about everything else was stricly off limits, wizz was the word for a class night out and a rubbish 2 day hangover, not been there for 15 years but enjoyed it at the time - don't want kids doing it though!

We could reduce both harm and crime, whilst increasing tourism and create a new stream of taxation.

I'm not saying we should do it overnight, but we could get the ball rolling, pilot a few zones, iron out any problems, expand the zones and at least see if it is of benefit to our society.

I'm thinking cannabis style cafes, shooting rooms, opium and crack dens concentrated in an area that could be contained and designated both drug friendly and child free.

Great idea.

As long as the druggies all live in your area, or all become your neighbours.

I'd much rather not decriminalise this stuff, to many smackhead wasters in our society, who are a drain on our taxes and wreak havoc in their neighbourhoods

Yes we should ,and while we are at it in the rest of the country as well,if adults want to take substances thats up to them isnt it.Besides the so called war on drugs has utterly failed.

Great idea.

As long as the druggies all live in your area, or all become your neighbours.

I'd much rather not decriminalise this stuff, to many smackhead wasters in our society, who are a drain on our taxes and wreak havoc in their neighbourhoods

these days I move in more 'high class' circles - coke is endemic amongst well off professionals - it's a dirty drug that turns decent people into pompous, over confident ass holes, but they aren't 'smack head wasters' they're doctors lawyers architects etc and the line of charlie at the dinner party is normal for them - drug use isn't about smackheads any more than alcohol is about the slavering, brain damaged wreck in the bus station. when i was much younger, party drugs were a basic part of life but they were hard to find and not 'normal' - my 12 year old is growing up in a world where she knows of others smoking weed already and I've got no idea how to deal with that - dismissing drug users as scumbags is daft and doesn't help my/our kids navigate their way through it safely - neither does a free for all I guess.

Archived