Do banks still cash 'unbagged' coins?

I'm with LloydsTSB and due to a busy work schedule, never seem to get around to popping into a branch to get cash bags- do they (and the mile-long queue) get ar$ey if you hand in coins in plastic bags instead of coinage ones?

if i dont have coin bags i just count and bag them up into sanwich bags with a note in how much is in each.

they dont like it when you mix the coins...thats when they have to sort and recount it, but if you hand them over separated they should just be able to weigh them on the money counter.

x

The other choice is to turn up to Tesco or another of the supermarkets which has one of those cash counting machines, which takes a commission and then issues you with a token to spend on your shopping, then you won't have to count your coins at all. You just tip it in the basket at the top of the machine and it will work it all out for you.

Many banks won't take any more than 5 coin bags in any one transaction anyway, as I found out when I walked in with a carrier bag full a few months ago.

EDIT- or find a bank like the one stated above.

Archived