Copyright Notice ?

Anyone on here a member of Youtube and have submitted a video for public viewing ?

Before becoming a member myself, I had been viewing for weeks on end video's of a particular song from the late 60's I have always liked.......video's of the song by the original artist and video's by various bands and amateur's, in Knowing the song very well I decided to submit my own version.

I submitted 2 video's of the same song but different versions and marked them as such,

The first video was an upbeat version - after a few days of it being made public, a notice was attached which said a copyright claim had been put on the video and therefore they couldn't show statistics but it would remain on public view.

The Second video submitted was partly made up of a midi flie and my own registrations,

for a week or so there was no notices attached to it then all of a sudden, a copyright claim notice as appeared on this video as well.

Anyone experienced similar problems with Youtube ?

Bit unfair I think.....there are many amateurs on Youtube who have done covers of this song and got away with it and been able to get comments on their submission - me - its the first time I have ever submitted anything to anyone and no-one can get to make a comment on the video's due to Youtube slapping copyright claims on my video's.

Would like to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Archived