Sat Nights At Lathkildale Hotel!!

I remember Sunday nights at the Lathkildale. Brian Cooke and the Vampires!!! I remember the names of some of the sunday night crowd. Jonathan Woodward (his parents had the Talbot in Dronfield Woodhouse) Bob Bulleyment, Andy Taylor. The Robin Hood in Holmesfield was a great place, Bob and Brenda Parkin had it at that time, lovely folks. It is great to go lane, but, sadly, it reminds me that it is well over 40 years ago. Now THAT's scary!!!!!

Knew Bob and Brenda quite well, went a couple of times pigeon shooting with Bob and their two sons. Also Friday lunchtime used to get Fish and Chips from Totley, take them some and have lunch in the pub and a pint around '69 Seem to remember Bob almost dying from a ruptured appendix.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Played in Joe's band (Avengers 1961 to 65) We loved playing The Lathkildale,especially in summer when people were dancing outside, in Winter it was so 'packed' it was almost impossible to move, never mind get to the bar.Often were still playing well past midnight. Fantastic times.never to be repeated. Shame.

Played in Joe's band (Avengers 1961 to 65) We loved playing The Lathkildale,especially in summer when people were dancing outside, in Winter it was so 'packed' it was almost impossible to move, never mind get to the bar.Often were still playing well past midnight. Fantastic times.never to be repeated. Shame.

You are so right brilliant times would not happen now.We are so lucky to have lived in that era and we were the right age to enjoy it to.We were a lot more fortunate than our parents who had lived through the war and we are a lot more fortunate than todays kids to.You could tell the gaffer to shove his job and get a choice of another six jobs by the next day.Money went a long way then and even though we have more money now it just has not got the buying power that we had then.Can we revive those days again?Wish we could.

.........played there with the 'Scott William Combo" of which Joes old guitarist was a member(Phil Crookes). A later band I joined the "Vantennas" were resident at the "Monsal Head Hotel" up the road on Sunday nights for quite a while!

.........played there with the 'Scott William Combo" of which Joes old guitarist was a member(Phil Crookes). A later band I joined the "Vantennas" were resident at the "Monsal Head Hotel" up the road on Sunday nights for quite a while!

Was it the vantennas who did a really good version of "Good Vibrations".

Great nights I must have heard you at some time we were always in the Monsaldale or Lathkildale hotels at the weekend.I remember a trio that played regular at the Lathkildale who were great but I forgot what they were called.The Bass man was a coloured guy who wore dark glasses like Orbison did.They were really good but can not remember the name.