Schindler lifts.

... and lampshades made of human skin .... except it never happened.

Whales, yes - humans, no. It's just not economical to render tallow from people. Especially very thin people.

It's strange that kind of demonising of the enemy was thought necessary after WW2, such as the made up stories about human skin lampshades and Jew soap. Who thought it was necessary to exaggerate the horrors of the Nazis? Surely they had done enough to demonise themselves without any exaggeration of the facts?

One by-product of the skin and soap stories was to give credence to revisionist claims amongst the gullible. Whoever invented those stories did more harm than good.

It's strange that kind of demonising of the enemy was thought necessary after WW2, such as the made up stories about human skin lampshades and Jew soap. Who thought it was necessary to exaggerate the horrors of the Nazis? Surely they had done enough to demonise themselves without any exaggeration of the facts?

One by-product of the skin and soap stories was to give credence to revisionist claims amongst the gullible. Whoever invented those stories did more harm than good.

Yes, I think so too. I can't really account for the existence of the stories or their origin - like you say, wasn't what the nazis did awful enough?

I'll take your word for it.
Don't, whatever you do, take my word for anything!

Check it for yourself.

The rumours did not originate after the war but during it. With the soap you are confusing the industrialisation of the process with small-scale experimentation. There is ample evidence that the experiments did happen*

You shouldn't have mentioned the soap. Your argument about the skin was perfectly valid.

*can be verified on the internet

Very little can be verified on the internet. It's the biggest load of bollouxes ever invented for verifiable proof.

Haha, that was my point.

People routinely refuse believe something because it isn't on the internet. But any old balls with a link to it is gospel.

Archived