Badminton for Beginners

spinac

Badminton

I'm organising some training sessions for beginners at the badminton club I run on Wednesday evenings at Concorde Leisure Centre.

If you would like to take up badminton or improve your game, the series of 4 lessons for 6 people with a qualified coach will run from 16th November at a cost of £25.

If you are already a confident player and would like a regular social game, you can come along on the same evening and join the regular players at a cost of £4 per session (pre-booking essential).

Please let me know if you would be interested by replying here, PM me, or call me on 0114 231 0869.

Cheers,

Ken

Hi weenireeni,

The lessons will start at 8pm and last 90 minutes.

Concorde Sports Centre is at the top of Shiregreen Lane.

1) Coming from Hillsborough, head up Southey Green Road, going straight across two roundabouts and past Longley park on the right. Go straight across Barnsley Road, continuing on Hatfield House Lane. Go straight across Bellhouse Road onto Shiregreen Lane and the entrance to the sports centre is two hundred yards on the left.

2) From the Northern General Hospital , head north out of town on the Barnsley Road, until you reach the junction with Elm Lane/Hatfield House Lane at The Phoenix Pub. Turn right into Hatfield House Lane going straight across Bellhouse Road onto Shiregreen Lane. The entrance to the sports centre is two hundred yards on the left.

3) From Meadowhall, head towards M1 junction 34 northbound (Meadowhall Road), but turn left up Barrow Road towards the car park for the trams. After passing under the bridge though, turn right, continuing up Barrow Road to the T junction and traffic lights. Turn right at this junction, then turn left by the small Post Office up Newman Road eventually following the road round to the right up ShireGreen Lane. The entrance to the sports centre is on the right 200 yards before the junction with Bellhouse Road

Hi there,

I'm a fairly confident badminton player and am keen to pay and play at concorde. couple of things though...

I live in crookes, without car so getting there and back could be a little tricky any advice?

Also, very keen to improve so am looking for some training and advice.. can you help? willing to pay

Many thanks,

Rocketpig

Hi rp,

I've checked the First buses website and the No 48 will get you to Bellhouse Road from Flat Street leaving at 19.14 (arr 19.32) or one at 19.29 (arr 19.47) http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/yorkhumber/southyorkshire/timetables/timetable.php?day=1&source_id=2&operator=South%20Yorkshire&op_id=26&area=&service=47/48&routeid=123045

Return buses are at 21.47 (arr Sheffield Interchange 22.22) or 22.02 (arr 22.37).

Let me know if you do plan to come along - hope you can make it.

Cheers,

Ken

Archived