Water restrictions

They have been talking about a severly dry spring for months, now they are saying there are likely to be restrictions in the future but not yet.

Why do they wait until it becomes catastrophically dry to put a hose pipe ban in place. If they had done that earlier we would be in a better position now?

Am I missing something? What is with the "wait until its an emergency" idea????

I have just seen it on the news; it takes 6 pints of water to make a pint of beer so they are thinking about stopping beer production.:D

Eh! I brew me own and can tell you that it normally takes 1 and a bit, especially as I lick the items clean afterwards.. :hihi:

Damn, I used to like a good pint of Wards as well.

Fake X

Some parts of south Sheffield are served by Severn Trent water, who are talking about possible restrictions if things do not improve.

Only in some parts of their region. I believe the parts of Sheffield supllied by Severn Trent get their water from Ladybower - which still looked pretty full last time I went past.

Archived