Fancy fundraising in S11?

I am posting from the local Marie Curie Cancer Care Fundraising Office to let people in Sheffield know about the work of our Fundraising Groups around South Yorkshire.

These groups are normally small groups of volunteers from relatively local areas, who give their time to support the vital work of the local nursing service throughout the year. They meet occasionally and stage a variety of events, sharing the great enjoyment that comes with the wonderful achievements they make on behalf of terminally ill patients in the local area.

We already have three fundraising groups like this right here in South Yorkshire, (one of which is up in the Chapeltown/Ecclesfield area of the city) and I’m currently working with our supporters in the S11 area of the Sheffield to bring together a similar, brand new, group in their local community.

We think a group like this will certainly make fundraising more fun for our supporters in S11, giving them a way and a chance to be involved in supporting and raising funds year round in support of the local nursing service.

We are looking to hold a very informal, open get together for our supporters - existing and new - who live in S11 in the coming weeks and I’m posting to extend an invitation to anyone in the local community who'd like to come along. The get together is a chance for us to meet you, for you to meet us, to hear more about Marie Curie Cancer Care, what’s happening in the charity, information on the care that is being provided in Sheffield and our exciting plans for developing a group in the local area.

The get together is happening on Thursday 23rd June 2011 from 6pm - 8pm. If you'd like to come along and would like details of the venue etc please contact me on liz.howlett@mariecurie.org.uk or in the local office on 0114 279 3010.

Archived