Human breeding - Unaffordable in 21st century UK

What happens if you have a good job, have say 4 kids but lose your job? "You've got kids you can't afford to have."

Why are politicians aided and abetted by the media trying to villify and change how people live by trying to attach a social stigma to them? People are people and do what they want by and large, you cannot make people do something they do not want to do; that is the path to ruin.

How many hours do you work and how many kick backs do you get from the state?

I'm on about raising a family without help from the state.

40 hours a week is going to get you about £200. After rent, travel and council tax there ain't much to raise a family.

I do agree with you, that you don't NEED a car, however, you'd need to live close to the workplace, but you have to remember jobs don't last long nowadays and moving house often, isn't cheap. Petrol etc. is dirt cheap, insurance is the prohibitive cost (and there is no need for it to be so). Commuting is necessary for certain jobs.

And when you say people spend cash on luxuries, I am not one of them. The people who do are probably using credit cards before their inevitable bankruptcies!

The majority of people cannot survive or raise a family were it not for the kickbacks from the state (whilst they pass vast amounts in tax).

Of course they can. You are forgetting to mention that most people who have kids have a partner working full or part time thus bringing at least another £200 per week according to your figures.

A joint income of £400 per week left over after rent, tax, travel etc. = £1600 per month of "spending money". A pair of sensible adults should have more than enough to raise a family within budget.

However, what you cant do is buy a new tv, designer clothes, lots of booze, meals out, spray tans, new toys etc every week...... well that's tough. That's what happens in the real world when you have a kid you lose the treats. Unfortunately too many people have kids and still think they should be entitled to go out and spend spend spend.

Nobody said having kids was cheap but generations on far less wages than we have now have somehow managed to do it.

I really dont get the point the point you are trying to prove?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2002195/David-Cameron-Families-children-afford-it.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

This is because humans breeding without accessing the benefit system after doing so has become unaffordable.

If it wasn't for tax credits and child benefit I don't think many workers could support themselves and their families anymore...

Without benefits some works can't afford a house or a child, which is why so many young adults still live with mum and dad.

With benefits some workers can't afford a house unless they have a child.

What happens if you have a good job, have say 4 kids but lose your job? "You've got kids you can't afford to have."
Nobody would criticise under those circumstances - the problem families are those who choose to breed while on benefits or with no care for who has to pay for their offspring.

Why are politicians aided and abetted by the media trying to villify and change how people live by trying to attach a social stigma to them? People are people and do what they want by and large, you cannot make people do something they do not want to do; that is the path to ruin.
So should they all be allowed (or have the 'right') to do whatever they want, irrespective of whether they can afford it or deserve it?

Letting the feckless have what they want without working for it is a faster path to ruin.

Nobody would criticise under those circumstances - the problem families are those who choose to breed while on benefits or with no care for who has to pay for their offspring.

So should they all be allowed (or have the 'right') to do whatever they want, irrespective of whether they can afford it or deserve it?

Letting the feckless have what they want without working for it is a faster path to ruin.

You cannot win against bigger numbers, that is why demonisation is being pushed. Everyone is different, the vast majority of people want to work, a few do not, big deal. If you push people around it can and will lead to a backlash. don't forget that these people have the power to vote too.

How many hours do you work and how many kick backs do you get from the state?

I'm on about raising a family without help from the state.

40 hours a week is going to get you about £200. After rent, travel and council tax there ain't much to raise a family.

I do agree with you, that you don't NEED a car, however, you'd need to live close to the workplace, but you have to remember jobs don't last long nowadays and moving house often, isn't cheap. Petrol etc. is dirt cheap, insurance is the prohibitive cost (and there is no need for it to be so). Commuting is necessary for certain jobs.

And when you say people spend cash on luxuries, I am not one of them. The people who do are probably using credit cards before their inevitable bankruptcies!

The majority of people cannot survive or raise a family were it not for the kickbacks from the state (whilst they pass vast amounts in tax).

I see that you can't think straight for being negative - I don't recieve any kick backs from anywhere, as I do not need them... I earn far more than £200 a week, as I am old enough with qualifications and experience to no longer suffer minimum wage... I've been in my job more than 4 years, the one before for 2 and the one before that for three... Jobs last as long as you want them, or as they want you - you just have to be employable enough to stay in work - and that requires commitment and experience... How close to a workplace do you want in Sheffield? You don't have to go to manchester or leeds for work, you can ride a bike to most places in Sheffield and buses are well supplied...

If you plan ahead (gaining quals etc) and put yourself out a bit in your job you will be kept on and gain more experience of work... Then the wages increase and by the time you have a house and you both work and have saved, you can afford kids... Planning is the key, saving etc - people just don't want to these days, they believe they should have it all right now...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2002195/David-Cameron-Families-children-afford-it.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

This is because humans breeding without accessing the benefit system after doing so has become unaffordable.

If it wasn't for tax credits and child benefit I don't think many workers could support themselves and their families anymore...

Benefit system again.

Try working and getting things for yourselves.

How lazy are people in Sheffield these days?

People out here have kids and there isn't so much as free health care. What a set of winging wimps you lot are.

Of course they can. You are forgetting to mention that most people who have kids have a partner working full or part time thus bringing at least another £200 per week according to your figures.

A joint income of £400 per week left over after rent, tax, travel etc. = £1600 per month of "spending money". A pair of sensible adults should have more than enough to raise a family within budget.

However, what you cant do is buy a new tv, designer clothes, lots of booze, meals out, spray tans, new toys etc every week...... well that's tough. That's what happens in the real world when you have a kid you lose the treats. Unfortunately too many people have kids and still think they should be entitled to go out and spend spend spend.

Nobody said having kids was cheap but generations on far less wages than we have now have somehow managed to do it.

I really dont get the point the point you are trying to prove?

Some people get £400 a week in housing benefit.

The treats you mention are really really cheap, the essentials for life are ridiculously expensive. A roof over your head. Transport to work. etc.

People used to have 5 kids, and only the man needed to work. Try doing that today without help from the state. You can't.

Benefit system again.

Try working and getting things for yourselves.

How lazy are people in Sheffield these days?

People out here have kids and there isn't so much as free health care. What a set of winging wimps you lot are.

The benefit system forces people onto benefits.

That is the problem.

Most working people with children are eligible for benefits, many get their salary effectively doubled.

Many working people without children are eligible for benefits. Those over 25, with higher benefit rates for the over 50s, lone parents etc.

Archived