Human breeding - Unaffordable in 21st century UK

Some people get £400 a week in housing benefit.

The treats you mention are really really cheap, the essentials for life are ridiculously expensive. A roof over your head. Transport to work. etc.

People used to have 5 kids, and only the man needed to work. Try doing that today without help from the state. You can't.

Do you think before you speak.

I dont beleive why anyone outside London would need £400 per week housing benefit. I dont see many properties up here that have a rental cost of £1600 per month. If you have a mortgage at that level you should have some form of insurance to cover any payment problems. I would like to see some facts as to who receives £400 per week HB.

Also you have just contradicted yourself.......You stated on your previous posts that surviving on the figues of £200 (sole)/ £400 (joint) incomes per week left over was AFTER deduction of rent and travel. So your "roof over your head" comment is irrelevent. There are no more ESSENTIAL outgoings other than food and utilities each week. If you cant afford them on that sort of money then you should not be allowed out on your own.

As many other sensible people have said on here. That sort of minimum income is not what everybody is on. At least one if not both householders earn more than minimum wage. Therefore there is absolutely no excuse why they would need any sort of benefit to support their kids.

Archived