Gordon Brown Wasted Billions

A confidential document presented to the Cabinet in January 2006 asks: "We've spent all this money, but what have we got for it?"

It warns that the efficiency of the public sector needed to improve rapidly and insisted that "spending growth will slow". The document drafted by civil servants also says that "ineffective spending" must be "closed down".

However, Mr Brown discarded the advice and embarked on a £90 billion increase in spending when he became prime minister.

The expenditure meant that the economy was left facing a record deficit as the effects of the recession were felt.

The document is among 19 papers disclosed today by The Daily Telegraph that were obtained from the personal files of Mr Balls, the shadow Chancellor. They follow the divulgence yesterday of dozens of documents detailing Mr Balls's central role in a plot to topple Tony Blair.

The document is the first official evidence that shows the scale of concern over the activities of Mr Brown and those around him in his time as chancellor. In an analysis of spending plans drawn up in January 2006 for the following year's Comprehensive Spending Review, the document states that any increase in taxpayer expenditure should only be in line with inflation. It sets out detailed plans for cutting spending in more than 12 areas to reduce spending by billions of pounds.

However, Mr Brown neglected the advice and increased spending by twice as much as recommended. He only cut the wasteful spending in four of the areas identified.

LINK

Spendthrift Gordon knew best of course.

Brown 'ignored warning on bank cash crisis FIVE YEARS before Northern Rock failed'

IMF gives Brown borrowing warning

(One of no less than 6 IMF warnings that Crash Gordon ignored.)

Brown ignored insurers' warning on pension grab

Brown 'ignored' gold sale warning

So there you are, Hamish McRuin knew better than everyone else. Except, of course, he didn't.

Every man Jack of them a set of wasteful, useless illegitimates who are safe on the knowledge that the country will give them a whacking pension despite that they ruin the country they are elected to govern.

I wouldn't trust that set of pudendae to sit the right way round on a toilet.

LINK

Brown 'ignored warning on bank cash crisis FIVE YEARS before Northern Rock failed'

So there you are, Hamish McRuin knew better than everyone else. Except, of course, he didn't.

Let me guess, a simpleton from Baaaaaaaaaaaaarnsley knew better!!!

Every man Jack of them a set of wasteful, useless illegitimates who are safe on the knowledge that the country will give them a whacking pension despite that they ruin the country they are elected to govern.

I wouldn't trust that set of pudendae to sit the right way round on a toilet.

Not only a whacking pension, but seats on the boards of all the various companies they were in cahoots with, and possibly a peerage as well.

Not a bad reward for running the country into the ground.

But, hey, we're only the voters - when did we ever have a say in anything...

I keep hearing that he sold the countries gold too cheeply. What does that mean? Did he literally sell gold? What gold? Who bought it?

Yes he did, according to reports the bank of England held 715 tons of gold, Gordon Brown without consultation, placed 395 tons in various trader auctions over 3 years, gold was sold at 256-296 dollers per ounce, because he placed so much gold on the market it caused a temporary fall in the global price, however it recovered & at one point it was well over 1000 dollers per ounce, he cost us about 7 billion pounds. :loopy:

LINK

First 2 links - The Daily Torygraph and the Daily Hitler supporter ..... says it all

Why am I not surprised at hearing this. I find Ed Balls to be an odious little cretin, I also find it disturbing that these two Balls and Brown appeared to be totally lacking of morality, 50 brits had been blown to pieces in the days preceding the plotting between Balls and Brown, they were clearly more interested in their own careers, what does it say about them?

Archived