Should we change a name for a film?

It is a big deal. It is changing history. When the Victorians did it we condemned them for vandalizing history and we are doing exactly the same thing. I watched '300' in absolute horror, the only thing they got right in the whole ruddy film were, some of, the names. Now kids are going to grow up believing that was the way Spartans fought and behaved and it is complete fantasy. You don't consider that wrong? What difference is there between us producing these 'fantasy' films and countries like North Korea and several others rewriting their own history? You happy with Japan rewriting the history of the second world war?

It's not rewriting history though, it is a film, made for entertainment. It is not a documentary.

There is a huge difference between taking artistic licsence in a a work of entertainment and rewriting history in an actual history book, you're being very silly.

And now your criticising 300 for not be3ing historically accurate? lol! Once again it is a film (comic book) that was made for entertainment.

Neither Dambusters nor 300 have an obligation to be 100% historically accurate.

Let me guess it will be a daring USAF crew that did the raid too.

We have our own heroes. General Doolittle's bomber raid on Japan, the first retaliatory raid against Japan for example.

No need to steal any glory from Britain's heroes

A neighbour of ours in Parson Cross had a dog called N*****

The term back then was not regarded as being racially offensive although in actual fact it was offensive and in the worst days of segregation and racism in the American states of the Old South was definitely meant to be demeaning to blacks as an indication of social and racial inferiority.

Today, many of the younger generation of African-Americans use the word freely among themselves when referring to each other.

A neighbour of ours in Parson Cross had a dog called N*****
Netto? :hihi:

Today, many of the younger generation of African-Americans use the word freely among themselves when referring to each other.

..and many juvenile arses have I kicked on hearing it ;)

Why is Hollywood involved? Isn't the British film industry still in existence?

The British film industry is doing alright, I think one even managed to pick up a few Oscars this year, as did another British movie in 2009.

Archived