Should we change a name for a film?

They'll probably think it's about a Muslim terrorist plot to blow up the 'Hoover Dam'.:o

That's about the size of it and no kidding. I dont know about the UK these days but kids here know practically nothing about WW2

Well, had the raids been as efficacious as was hoped against the Nazi industrial machine, and shortened the war in Europe, more people would know about it. But in the end the action - although audacious - was pretty inconsequential.

I think they will have to if they want to make their money back.

But a film doesn't have to be good to coin it in at the box office.

I think some films should be left alone and Dam Dusters is one of them. The original was great and at least the aircraft used were real.

All we'll get in this one are computerized fakes which just dont look right at all.

"Neither Dambusters nor 300 have a responsibility to be 100% accurate."

Why not?

Because they're films made purely for entertainment, they aren't supposed to be in place of a good education. It's not the film-maker's fault that some stupid people will view them as a history lesson.

"Neither Dambusters nor 300 have a responsibility to be 100% accurate."

Because they're films made purely for entertainment, they aren't supposed to be in place of a good education. It's not the film-maker's fault that some stupid people will view them as a history lesson.

The they're an insult to those who took part but of course in a world of declining moral values that doesn't matter to you does it, 'profit at any price' sod the memory of those and their families who were involved.

I think some films should be left alone and Dam Dusters is one of them. The original was great and at least the aircraft used were real.

All we'll get in this one are computerized fakes which just dont look right at all.

Yes but that's an artistic point.

The first film was fictional entertainment, and this one will be too.

If Jackson had been making a documentary about Operation Chastise, then the name of the dog could not have been changed.

But, according to some posters, if you base your fictional entertainment on a real story, you are not permitted to alter, embellish or redact "the truth".

The they're an insult to those who took part but of course in a world of declining moral values that doesn't matter to you does it, 'profit at any price' sod the memory of those and their families who were involved.

I doubt the poor old dog is doing cartwheels from his grave or his offspring are overly concerned about his contributions to the war effort being airbrushed slightly.

My son came in the other night and greeted me with the words "Yo n i g g e * safe."

We are white so not appropriate however my son is a great well balanced kid who new exactly what he was saying. His friends are from all walks color's and religions. they use the word liberaly which in many ways deminishes it as an abusive gesture. Its context all the time, I'm a honky thats no prob. but not a Mo Fo Honky.

Lol you're actually serious!

Films are works of art, they are not (usually) there to inform you they are there to entertain you. You're being a hysterical fool.

No historical film is 100% accurate, not a single one.

And more to the point, it's one letter of the dog's name that's being changed, that is not a big deal, <removed> It's not like they're pretending the yanks cracked the enigma code or anything, or that Hitler got gunned down and then set on fire inside a theatre.

Lol you're actually serious!

Films are works of art, they are not (usually) there to inform you they are there to entertain you. You're being a hysterical fool.

No historical film is 100% accurate, not a single one.

And more to the point, it's one letter of the dog's name that's being changed, that is not a big deal, <removed> It's not like they're pretending the yanks cracked the enigma code or anything, or that Hitler got gunned down and then set on fire inside a theatre.

Its still changing history it doesnt matter how minor..its a good job they dont do a remake of Roots otherwise the slaves would take over in the States.

President Kunte Kinte ..it just rolls of your tongue

Where were you guys when inglorious basterds came out?

******SPOILER ALERT******Stop reading if you haven't seen that film and don't want it spoiled.

Why weren't you up in arms about them changing history and having the entirety of the Nazi leadership get murdered by jewish-american soldiers?

Archived