Should we change a name for a film?

A films title shouldn't be taken literally to imply it is historically accurate.

So is it about RAF 617 Squadrons raid on the German Dams in WWII where no other squadrons were involved?

Or is it about an air raid in vietnam?

So is it about RAF 617 Squadrons raid on the German Dams in WWII where no other squadrons were involved?

Do you take every film you see literally? Your world must be a scary place.

Were you dissapointed with silence of the lambs? Not enough sheep in it for you. Dam that title was misleading, they had a human play the lead role too.

Chariots of Fire must have been a bit of a let down for you, and as for Never Ending Story, maybe a good lawyer may help you under the trade descriptions act?

Why not, Hollywood had the Americans cracking the enigma code in U-571 - Why can't they accurately report that the chap's dog was called ******? Surely the use of one word in comparison to the multitude of filth which is quoth in films is a moot point ... Samuel L Jackson's scripts favour the word motherfudger (or it's nearest equivalent) and 100% of the world's population should find that offensive.

I don't normally tolerate the use of the word ******, it's a hateful word in today's parlance, but in the times depicted it was common description of colour which had no racial basis.

samuel l jackson is cast a lot as a character who uses that phrase but he is not a writer. i would say mr quentin 'potty mouth' tarantino is the one with a certain liking for that phrase.

Originally Posted by Bassman62

Chariots of Fire must have been a bit of a let down for you, and as for Never Ending Story, maybe a good lawyer may help you under the trade descriptions act?

See you didn't answer the question.

Were you dissapointed with silence of the lambs? Not enough sheep in it for you. Dam that title was misleading, they had a human play the lead role too.

What a stupid answer likening the fiction of 'Silence of the Lambs' to a film about a recent historical event.

This shows how decent values have declined, next we'll have a remake of 'Sink the Bismark' claiming that it was a hospital ship sunk by the Israelis just to please limp minded dustbins.

See you didn't answer the question.

What??????

Sorry if you didn't realise it but I was taking the Mick out of you. I didn't actual think that you needed an answer, I thought it a a rhetorical question.

Originally Posted by Bassman62

See you didn't answer.:suspect: braindamage :loopy:

What??????

Sorry if you didn't realise it but I was taking the Mick out of you. I didn't actual think that you needed an answer, I thought it a a rhetorical question.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Archived