Should we change a name for a film?

Was the word blackboard actually changed to chalkboard or was that just a scaremonger's rumour? If it was why do we refer to whiteboards as such or is everybody else except for me calling them wipe-boards?

Going off at a slight tangent, my friend a native of Nevis And St.Kits, always refers to anything that is black as being "policeman". Never knew why.

In your example it's being used offensively-just as 'white' would be offensive in 'white b******'.

Could you give us an example of the word 'black' being a 'no no'?

I'm not fishing Glamrocker, I'm genuinely intrigued because the only people I've ever heard saying so are those who claim their freedoms are being restricted by their belief that they're not able to use it.

Since somebody recently had to make an official opology for listing a table under the heading 'the ginger kid' what do you think would have happened if he'd klisted it under 'the black kid'? I suspect he would have been fired and the resteraunt chain would be up in court, don't you?

Seriously? This is news?

'oh noes, they changed the name of the dog of one of the characters in a film'

grow up! It is not a big deal.

It is a big deal. It is changing history. When the Victorians did it we condemned them for vandalizing history and we are doing exactly the same thing. I watched '300' in absolute horror, the only thing they got right in the whole ruddy film were, some of, the names. Now kids are going to grow up believing that was the way Spartans fought and behaved and it is complete fantasy. You don't consider that wrong? What difference is there between us producing these 'fantasy' films and countries like North Korea and several others rewriting their own history? You happy with Japan rewriting the history of the second world war?

It is a big deal. It is changing history. When the Victorians did it we condemned them for vandalizing history and we are doing exactly the same thing. I watched '300' in absolute horror, the only thing they got right in the whole ruddy film were, some of, the names. Now kids are going to grow up believing that was the way Spartans fought and behaved and it is complete fantasy. You don't consider that wrong? What difference is there between us producing these 'fantasy' films and countries like North Korea and several others rewriting their own history? You happy with Japan rewriting the history of the second world war?

I think you need to get a grip, in what way is a name of a dog a part of our history?

Since somebody recently had to make an official opology for listing a table under the heading 'the ginger kid' what do you think would have happened if he'd klisted it under 'the black kid'? I suspect he would have been fired and the resteraunt chain would be up in court, don't you?

I've no idea Iuchi Zien, but what you're doing here is speculating on something that might have happened based on perception, as I alluded to in the post you replied to.

I'm sure if you wanted to my username might cause you raised eyebrows, but nobody as yet has censured me for having it.

It's a film. Most of it isn't going to be true. If they were to make it as accurate as possible, no one would want to watch it as it would no doubt be a terrible film. People are making thjis a bigger deal than it is.

Archived