Do we need a 'simper' smiley? Or do you not mind this?

Apologies to the individual I've used as the example (sorry!) but does anyone find it annoying (even slightly) when people sign off their post with their username followed by a x?

'Should we do more to help people who want to work hard and vote Conservative? Yes,' he told ITV's This Morning.

He's got that Marie Stopes vibe! :gag:

Fake X

You're not the only one, Fake (X) but yours was the post that reminded me that I always think a sign off like this should be accompanied by a *simper* smiley.

Why do it? (Not a personal attack, replies welcomed from all the others who think that every post has to be 'signed' and a kiss given). We all know that it's your post!

I generally avoid the use of smileys. If you can't get the point across in plain English, then to hell with the repercussions.

The x thing - sounds like a leftover from telegrams...

That is if you actually feel the need to get a point across. What is wrong with posting a :hihi: if you thought something was funny or a :suspect: if you are suspicious of something?

I think there is a place for every emoticon when used in the right context. Some idiotic people (i won't say his name), take it to extremes though and use the :loopy: emoticon in almost every single post :nono:

Apologies to the individual I've used as the example (sorry!) but does anyone find it annoying (even slightly) when people sign off their post with their username followed by a x?

You're not the only one, Fake (X) but yours was the post that reminded me that I always think a sign off like this should be accompanied by a *simper* smiley.

Why do it? (Not a personal attack, replies welcomed from all the others who think that every post has to be 'signed' and a kiss given). We all know that it's your post!

Yeah, annoys the hell out of me.

Archived