|Pets when you were a kid

I had a dog when I was a lad, a black and white mongrel which I named Laddie.

That was back in the days when you kicked dogs out in the morning and let them back in when you got back home from school.

Can't remember ever taking him out for a walk on a lead, but he was always there during the six weeks holidays, and went every where with me...

Never had a cat or fancied one. for me, with a dog what you see is what you get and a pal for life, but cats come across as secretive cruel and totally mercenary ...

Rabbits and a bloody great Moscovy duck who my brother and cousin brought back after they went fishing. It couldn't fly as it had had it's wings clipped. They built it an enclosure and dug it a pond but that was the sum total of their involvement. Muggins here finished up feeding it and cleaning out the pen. Till one day I got fed up and they took it to Hillsborough pond and let it go. We also had a cat and from they day it went round back of hut and saw the duck until the day the duck went the cat never went up there again

Rabbits and a bloody great Moscovy duck who my brother and cousin brought back after they went fishing. ...Till one day I got fed up and they took it to Hillsborough pond and let it go.
Oh - so that's where that bloomin' great duck came from!.:hihi:..We had a cat, Tony, that my sister used to dress in doll's clothes. Poor Tony would be placed in her pram where he would lie on his back wearing a bonnet, with his front paws in little mittens. Sixty years on, we have a kitten called Boots who's just as friendly and affectionate as Tony was..:)

We had budgie called Fred and he was mad ! I trapped his head in the door once cos I didnt see him when I walked in ! He had scar since then ! He used to smell food a mile off and frequently went onto Dads Sunday breakfast and skidded through it ! He also squawked everytime our friends came up from Wiltshire cos he couldnt stand his friends voice ! And I couldnt have an apple without him flying on my hand and nibbling it !

Archived