Trooping the Colour -isn't it the same every year?

I've never seen the attraction myself, and I suspect that viewing figures are very low - chiefly because, unless you have a direct link to a regiment or are an obssessive uniform-spotter, it basically is the same old thing every year.

The BBC thinks differently, but the BBC does have a long-standing tradition of paying more attention to Royal events than they really need. Perhaps that's a good thing, but I don't see it.

There is an audience for it perchance?

There may be, but the BBC choosing to broadcast something does not, of itself, prove there's an audience for it - unlike a commercial channel, which must broadcast things people actually want to watch or else fail to raise advertising funds.

I don't know what the viewing figures are like.

There may be, but the BBC choosing to broadcast something does not, of itself, prove there's an audience for it - unlike a commercial channel, which must broadcast things people actually want to watch or else fail to raise advertising funds.

I don't know what the viewing figures are like.

I merely posed a question and didn't assert the existence of proof.

Re your commercial channel point, have advertisers actually stated that endless repeats of the same tripe maximizes viewing figures/ return on advertising spend ?

I merely posed a question and didn't assert the existence of proof.

Indeed so. Apologies if you thought I was implying otherwise.

Re your commercial channel point, have advertisers actually stated that endless repeats of the same tripe maximizes viewing figures/ return on advertising spend ?

They have not to my knowledge, but commercial channels live or die by persuading advertisers that people are, indeed, watching what they broadcast; at least, doing so enough to earn enough to turn a profit on the cost of the shows. One way of making it more profitable is to keep broadcasting the same old shows, but not to the point where nobody is bothering to watch them any more.

There is an audience for it perchance?

yes there is an audience for it and we should be proud this is what Britain does best....

on an other note there is an audience for cricket but where are the bbc on that,they put golf and the dreaded wimbledon on for a full week even snooker,which i don't think their ratings are so good....

just my two pence worth....

yes there is an audience for it and we should be proud this is what Britain does best....

on an other note there is an audience for cricket but where are the bbc on that,they put golf and the dreaded wimbledon on for a full week even snooker,which i don't think their ratings are so good....

just my two pence worth....

Who can spend 5 days watching a draw at cricket?

Archived