Trooping the Colour -isn't it the same every year?

This year was different as Prince William was present as Colonel of the Irish Guards and there were 3 generations of the Royal family as representative Colonels of their regiments.

Wow! :suspect:

John X

I am sure that if one of my friends or relatives was on parade I would be looking out for them in the hundreds of red and black uniforms. That would mean there would be thousands of people glued to the screens from start till finish.

I am always on the look out for someone to turn left when everyone else has gone right, it is going to happen one day and I am sure it will make the late night news headlines. Yes people are that interested.

To the OP...

What time would you like to be broadcast then? You are obviously upset that they have dared to broadcast it live and cancel some trivial saturday morning show for it. So what programme would you be happy they moved or cancelled to slot in a pre-recroded version?

No doubt someone else would then kick off about their show being moved.

Get a grip. If you dont want to watch it change the channel. Its a national event and its only once a year. What's the problem?

Get a grip. If you dont want to watch it change the channel. Its a national event and its only once a year. What's the problem?

I didn't watch it! :rolleyes:

I was complaining about moving the time of the programme I (and many others) wanted to watch. The point I was making was that it is not like a sporting event where there is a score or result so that it could have been broadcast at a later time rather than being shown live.

I don't have any suggestions as to when it should have been shown, and I don't have any viewing figures but I suspect that Saturday Kitchen Live and So you think you can Dance are the two big ones on BBC1 and so should have been avoided.

John X

Wow! :suspect:

John X

The Scots Guards had brand new tunics and their colours had been refurbished for this years parade.

Also the Royal Horse Artillery were not present because of an infection their horses had caught.

Helicopters were included in the fly past.

Prince Harry had recently been promoted to Captain.

The Queen also wore a sky blue outfit.

The TV audience may be bigger than you think. There are a great many ex-forces people out there who love the nostalgia of an event like this. My link to it stems from my ex-forces time when I worked in the ivy covered 'bunker' on the corner of Horseguards and had the privilege of watching this and other ceremonies from the roof.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiralty%23The_Admiralty_Citadel&rct=j&q=admiralty+citadel&usg=AFQjCNGZX0aNiXYRCSuRn5oW05V1XVSLGw&sa=X&ei=GTP1TZ28OoOAhQf5goTBBg&ved=0CDUQygQwAQ

The TV audience may be bigger than you think.

For the millionth time, I have no objection to it being shown!

I just don't know why it has to be shown live if it clashes with something that is also popular.

John X

For the millionth time, I have no objection to it being shown!

I just don't know why it has to be shown live if it clashes with something that is also popular.

John X

Trooping the Colour is a live event.

The cooking programne is recoreded and can be shown at any time I imagine.

Did you manage to see the repeat ?

Trooping the Colour is a live event.

The cooking programne is recoreded and can be shown at any time I imagine.

Did you manage to see the repeat ?

Saturday Kitchen is also a live event. Two very popular live events clash, one involves the queen, one involves a 'celeb' and some chefs. Which one's going to win :D

Archived