Are mobile calls charged by the minute or by the second?

Have you seen the new tariffs for o2?

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/paymonthly

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

They're shockingly bad now.

I pay £15, and get unlimited internet and texts.. I still get the £15 so use that for calls (I rarely make calls tbh and use the land line if I do)

But you can't get anywhere near that anymore. They've changed them all to £XX.50 too, so that you have to top up extra just to get the allowance.

Meh, I would use O2 over the likes of 3 or even Vodafone any day..

If I have to change mine, I won't be staying with o2

Here's my opinion of the providers I've been with over the years...

3: £35 for an N95?! Eh?

Orange: Indian call centres, clueless cretins in the shops.

Vodafone: Rip off! :rant:

O2: Best provider ever, reliable service, knowledgeable shop staff, good signal most of the time.

The hospital bedside numbers are charged at 50p a minute and always 'connect' to the service before being directed to the bedside phone, so you will be charged whether or not a person picks up the phone at the other end - they're known for being a rip off!

I think most calls are charged 'per minute or part thereof' so if you make a call of 61 seconds you would be charged two minutes.

Thanks Twiglet and all the other constuctive comments bar one :)

So, there are no providers that charge by the second; the charges are by the minute then.

I am on PAYG, but don't really use my old phone to dial much unless I want my credit to disappear in a flash.

Are there any good contract deals available at present that includes a new phone.

Do the Post Office do any as my parents are with them on landline and some mobiles are FREE to dial with them!?

Archived