Best Buy arrives in Rotherham

Many moons ago I used to work for DSG. I saw many retailers come and go in the electrical sector. When it settles down, everything will be back to normal. Maybe they will be another Rumbelows, Scottish Power, etc.....

I am really suprised they have opened a shop. The internet is far cheaper and the electrical sector is fully covered anyway. Comet, Currys, Currys Digital, PCWorld and all the supermarkets.

Good luck to em though, i'll give em 2 years, either that or one of the other big ones will shut down.

I love Rotherham,but I dont like people slagging off Sheffield ! Yes it is run down in some places,but so is every other city ! I think its got some fab shops and compared to flamin Bradford where theres **** all good shops Sheffield is great ! Ialways wait to do serious shopping for when Im due to come back to Sheffield !

I love Rotherham,but I dont like people slagging off Sheffield ! Yes it is run down in some places,but so is every other city ! I think its got some fab shops and compared to flamin Bradford where theres **** all good shops Sheffield is great ! Ialways wait to do serious shopping for when Im due to come back to Sheffield !

I think if you look over SF for the last few weeks there has been LOADS of rotherham bashing, not much sheffield bashing at all. Its ridiculous. Its always from people who are intelligent enough to realise there is good and bad areas in every town/city.

I think if you look over SF for the last few weeks there has been LOADS of rotherham bashing, not much sheffield bashing at all. Its ridiculous. Its always from people who are intelligent enough to realise there is good and bad areas in every town/city.

Yes i agree there is good and bad in every town/city, i dont know how old you are but when i started working in Rotherham in the mid sixties it was thriving busy town, a fantastic place plenty of shops, with a wide choice of goods, 3 cinemas/ten pin bowling/ 2 swimming baths and a reasonable night life in the surrounding areas.

But today Rotherham is nothing but a ghost town the council have just killed the place with their regeneration programme, money wasted on owt and nowt. Buildings pulled down and then no money to carry out the proposed improvements, but then come up with a plan to landscape the site at a cost of upto £4 million with a view to restart building when money is availiable. £65000 spent on putting a dozen or so iron girders stood upright in the middle of a traffic island, painted grey with a yellow top, and then have the nerve to call it (Ears of Corn) a work of art. In the same month this was happening the council stopped the meals on wheels service for the elderly, just where do they get their prorities from. Money wasted on a giant T.V. screen in All Saints Square. Dont know if anyone saw Clarkson and his put down on Rotherham but he hit the nail on the head with it. Click on these links and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO945nJ0UDk&feature=related

Crazy isnt it - you would have thought they would have done ther homework and at least matched places around them.

Best Buy is certainly no worse on pricing than Currys and Comet, and in many cases I'm sure it'll be cheaper.

my son got a washer from argos yesterday £50 cheaper than best buy for same model

Can you really expect Best Buy to be the cheapest shop for absolutely every single item they sell? Besides, I'm sure he could have bought the washing machine cheaper online anyway...

I also went to Parkgate and its was ridiculous. I dont understand all they hype - You can't beat internet prices I'm afraid. The Tv I have which I bought from Amazon was £400 they have it for £450 so not that great is it

I agree, you can't beat internet prices, but some people still don't like buying things on the internet. Seriously though, would you really expect Best Buy (or Currys, Comet, Argos etc) to be able to beat Amazon on price? Not really a fair comparison is it? I'd argue that only £50 more is a very impressive price when you consider how much higher their costs are compared to Amazon's website/warehouse approach.

I don't personally care whether Best Buy is cheaper/better than anywhere else because I never buy electrical stuff in 'real' shops, but I think you've got to have realistic expectations for a bricks 'n' mortar shop.

Archived