Genes reunited problems

is anyone else having problems logging into the genes reunited website?

Mine seems to be ok but it didn't log me in automatically so maybe they have been upgrading the site. I did hear of them adding new death records.

hmmm mine wont let me see their home page at all. Comes up with a white page saying they are making moderations to the site. However they've got till tomorrow before i find out who and how i lodge a complaint to as this same screen has come up before at the exact same time when my mum used to use the site and again with my aunt ... all conveniently at the same point in our family tree - viewing a census that contains the same family member. Subsequently ending in every time it FINALLY comes back online with about 3 generations of research removed from our trees. I wonder if mine will do the same. Conspiracy theorist post here i come lol

hmmm mine wont let me see their home page at all. Comes up with a white page saying they are making moderations to the site. However they've got till tomorrow before i find out who and how i lodge a complaint to as this same screen has come up before at the exact same time when my mum used to use the site and again with my aunt ... all conveniently at the same point in our family tree - viewing a census that contains the same family member. Subsequently ending in every time it FINALLY comes back online with about 3 generations of research removed from our trees. I wonder if mine will do the same. Conspiracy theorist post here i come lol

If you are paying for the privileged of looking at those census records then I would be complaining too. In the meantime if you need any help with accessing any data I have a Ancestry account then just let me know.:)

cheers :) i will give it a day to "start working" again. I will definitely be making a complaint if half my tree goes missing like my mum and aunts because the answer quite simply is - We know the answer already, we've known it since .... forever! We've never gone money grabbing so why on earth would putting it on our tree be sooooooo terrible?!! grrrr

cheers :) i will give it a day to "start working" again. I will definitely be making a complaint if half my tree goes missing like my mum and aunts because the answer quite simply is - We know the answer already, we've known it since .... forever! We've never gone money grabbing so why on earth would putting it on our tree be sooooooo terrible?!! grrrr

It's not Ryan Giggs you have all added is it ?

hahaha NOOOO!!!

Finally figured out how to get round it. I have to now go to my email about my subscription, click on the link to the FAQ and help page and then i can pretty much use most things. Just don't click on the homepage else it gives you the site down for maintenance message! Stupid thing!

Amazing how it's worked just fine while we were just using the credits system to try out how useful it was in the beginning but as soon as we paid for a blooming 6 month subscription yesterday it decides to start randomly closing down pages and links! I bet we don't get the time lost from not being able to use the website as it is supposed to work added onto our subscription time!

Might start keeping a note of when it fails and for how long for and then when they send me a renewal reminder i will send them an invoice of the days they owe me. Cheeky so and so's. If they'd said in the information about subscriptions "you will pay for 6 months but at this rate will only get 5 months worth of usage out of it" then i would have laughed and found a different site.

i think since we've already forked out for genes reunited i will use it as best i can for the subscription time and if im still looking for stuff after that then i might look into ancestry.

Like i said i had used genes reunited without purchasing a subscription and it didn't seem to fail me once. Just my luck it goes downhill as soon as i subscribe lol

hi I too am having trouble with genes reunited.

I have just paid for the extra privilege but cannot find any information other than what I already know.

I have tried the census records birth records etc of people that I know the exact dates of and they say they don't exist and no matches found, so how am I supposed to find the ones of another generation?

am I doing something wrong?

Archived