Australia1970sscheme

• 2 weeks later...

myself the wife and 3 kids emigrated to Australia in 1973, they say we made the headlines in the papers as the last of the 10 pound poms, I think it went up to about 30 pound ?

myself the wife and 3 kids emigrated to Australia in 1973, they say we made the headlines in the papers as the last of the 10 pound poms, I think it went up to about 30 pound ?

Same. We left in the last week of 1972 and arrived in Jan 1973. We were some of the last few to emigrate by ship. Best holiday I ever had, 5 weeks at sea, Las Palmas, Cape Town, Freemantle, Melbourne, Sydney. All for ten quid.

We left Sheffield in September 1970 with 2 small kids, we paid 10 quid each and the kids flew for free, it is the best thing we ever did, and I would do it all over again, but the first 2 years of missing family and friends were hard times.

The 10 quid scheme was started after the war, and I think the government stopped it during the late 70's ?

We left Sheffield in September 1970 with 2 small kids, we paid 10 quid each and the kids flew for free, it is the best thing we ever did, and I would do it all over again, but the first 2 years of missing family and friends were hard times.

The 10 quid scheme was started after the war, and I think the government stopped it during the late 70's ?

The Wild family who lived up the road from us went in the late 60`s,early 70`s,would love to know what happened to David,he would be a little older than me.

Archived