Should all work related benefits such as tax credits be stopped ??

Do you think that people in work should not recive any tax related benefits as all?

This would be blanket accross the board, and include all part time workers. All tax credits, working tax credits and child tax credits stopped, and you earn what you earn,

So if someone is on £7 an hour, and works 20 hours a week, they get £140 a week, no top ups.

To me, this would potentially force down the cost of renting, and perhaps house prices as people would only have so much money to spend.

If it got to a point where people financially could not go to work, the government would have no choice but to address the cost of working for people. I do feel that providing in work benefits, the government are masking a real problem that does need addressing

If it got to a point where people financially could not go to work, the government would have no choice but to address the cost of working for people. I do feel that providing in work benefits, the government are masking a real problem that does need addressing

they would address the problem by introducing tax credits

however, in the meantime, hundreds of thousands of men, women and children would have lost their jobs, their homes and starved to death

Do you think that people in work should not recive any tax related benefits as all?

This would be blanket accross the board, and include all part time workers. All tax credits, working tax credits and child tax credits stopped, and you earn what you earn,

So if someone is on £7 an hour, and works 20 hours a week, they get £140 a week, no top ups.

To me, this would potentially force down the cost of renting, and perhaps house prices as people would only have so much money to spend.

What I find illogical is taxing people on low wages and then giving them some back, it would be cheaper and easier to administrate if the tax threshold went up.

It’s the same with public sector workers what’s the point in paying them out of taxation and then making them pay tax, wouldn’t it be easier to pay them less and not tax them.

Then again why tax anyone, just increase vat and stop personal taxation, because even drug dealers buy stuff so would pay more tax than they do now.

Yes they should.The benefits are there to bring low paid workers in line to at least above average wage .£7 an hour for part time work, i think it would be a lot less for the average part timer also councils could not afford to decrease rents,house prices will eventually go up, i suppose time will tell.

What we are saying is

1) if you are in work, you don't get any benefits

2) if you don't work, you get benefits.

If it becomes unviable to go to work, the government has not choice but to radically overhaul the benefit system.

Its risky, but perhaps its the only way

It would make more sense to abolish the tax credit system and go back to having allowances. Taking money away in tax and giving it back in benefits is to nobody's overall advantage.

there still are allowances, tax credits were an additional thing thought up by gordon brown in his spare time while he was abolishing boom and bust.

it would certainly seem to make more sense to adjust people's tax codes such that the end result was the same as having tax credits.

Archived